Space Gun By Plasticade

Blechroboter

That was love on first sight. B) This water gun has a good looking 50s/60s space design.

All I know is it´s made by Plasticade. Is this an american company?

Also it´s missing the cork or bung. Can someone post a picture of the bung please? :blush:

I paid only €3,50 - what´s the real worth of the space gun? Is it rare or common?

post-544-1231068971.jpg

post-544-1231069005.jpg

Trademark is a globe with a turtle wearing a latern in it´s mouth.

I love this one. The shape is way cool. I am not sure what stopper it would have had, but it seems that plastic water pistol stoppers have not changed much over the years, I bet one out of a modern water pistol will work just fine. Nice pick up.

JimK

Very nice. I've never seen that one before. The stopper's probably the same as you'd find in a modern water pistol. However, it's most likely black, not white. White stoppers didn't seem to appear on space-related water pistols until the later Sixties or so. The brass-colored tip on this gun indicates to me that it's probably Fifties or very early Sixties.

Those are just guesses, of course.

Very interesting. I have never seen that logo before and this design is unusual in that it looks like a lot of other ray gun designs that have fins at the back. Could this gun be missing a fin? Can you post some close up shots of the top rear of the gun?

Thanks for posting Blechroboter.

Hi Fin. The gun has 4 fins. The upper one is missing a corner piece.

It´s hard to take a good photography of these small translucent fins. If you need more, let me know please.

post-544-1231697613.jpg

I detect another gun - with the stopper. B)

post-544-1231697830.jpg

Also found more guns with a similar shape. Watch the hand grips and barrels. :excl:

The red space gun is made by Park Plastics. DrAtomic shows a similar one on his website.

post-544-1231697855.jpgpost-544-1231697879.jpg

All these water guns do have more or less the same shape. I wonder if there is a common antetype?

Most o these translucent water guns had shapes based on jet or rocket engines. I think it reflected the aesthetic of the 1950s, when such technology was really coming into play. The shape represented "the future" in a very clear, concise way.

I love all these water guns...

Archived