My First Andybot!

Fineas J. Whoopie

A couple of months ago Andy posted some new creations and I was rather smitten by a cool saucerbot with awesome afterburners and a great robot at the helm. I admired it for a few days before emailing him asking about buying it, but it was already sold. Oh well, you snooze you loose.

Well Friday was my birthday and to my surprise it was my mother who bought the saucer for me! Yes, my mother is also an Alphadrome lurker now and again.

Believe it or not, this is my first Andybot!! It even has action. If you jiggle it a little it vibrates on it's three springy feet and looks like it's all revved up and ready to take off.

Great work Andy and thanks mom! 😄

mighty_robot_013.jpgmighty_robot_014.jpg

post-143-1228717733.jpg

post-143-1228717762.jpg

Don, you don't know how hard it was for me to tell you that it was sold when you asked about it. Your mother knows you too well. ;)

I'm glad you like it. Happy birthday!

BTW-Even though the saucer is heavy, the metal loop on top is strong enough to hold the saucer if you decide to hang it from your ceiling.

Fin,,,,,,,,Great Andybot saucer.......Now you are 'hooked'! ;) and I love the story your mum bought it for your birthday B) Brilliant!!

You might have started something here,,if I throw enough hints to my Mum and Dad just before Christmas they might be able to help me out with my robot collecting during this financial crisis I'm having at the moment :rolleyes:

First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Very cool Andybot. I love the colors! What surprises me is that this is your first Andybot. I thought you had one already! Well, better late than never!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I had no idea... geez, some friend I am!

That's a great gift. My mom long ago gave up trying to figure out what I like -- Your mom seems to have you figured out perfectly! :)

ANDY -- I know the feeling. A few years ago, Don's mom bought a ray gun from me to give him as a gift. She and I went through some serious hoops -- including enlisting another friend to lie for us -- to make sure he didn't figure it all out.

But the payoff's worth the effort if it puts a smile on a young child's -- er, grown man's -- face. :D

Gee thanks for all the Birthday wishes guys!

Andy - Hanging it sounds like a great idea - particularly considering how little shelf space I have left.

Brian - if it makes you feel any better I don't know your Birthday either. ;)

Archived