Extremely Rare Ray Gun Box

dratomic

Here's a recently ended auction for the box to the Ideal Atomic Machine Gun. I can't say I've ever seen one for sale. It fetched a pretty hefty price -- $643.13. Considering the gun rarely sells for more than $300, this is a perfect example of how people will pay a premium for an extremely rare box. It happens to be a particularly nice one, too, which doesn't hurt a bit!

Here's the original ebay auction (for as long as it remains online) --

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190265795962

And here's a pic, swiped from the auction for posterity:

post-124-1228016950.jpg

post-124-1228016963.jpg

Hi Doc, I had this on my watch list and kept going back to look at it, not so much to see where the price was at, but just to simply look at the box. To a non-collector that sounds weird but I could easily gather together a collection of period toy boxes regardless of wether I ever get the toys or not, they're almost akin to vintage food packaging which is widely collected because of the time line reference and the designs of the day, this is no different really...but I'd love the gun aswell!

...here's another rarity too,

Noel.

post-648-1228034646.jpg

Doc,

I was watching this too. I have the rifle but I didn't think the box would go for anything near that price. At least I got to save some pics.

Archived