Air Blaster

JimK

Hello All,

I am not sure if this would be considered a Ray gun or not, but I was having a discussion with my daughter about toys that I had as a child, and for some reason the Wham-O Air Blaster popped into my head. It has been years since I have thought of that toy. I am guessing the year was around 1963 or so and if I remember correctly the gun came with a target of a gorilla that was printed on shreds of plastic. It seems like there where little alien or monster stand up targets also. It pushed a heck of a strong blast of air. Does anyone else remember these? Do they come available very often? What do they run on average if you can find one. This is one vintage toy that I would love to replace in my life and add to my collection.

Thanks

JimK

Here's a 1968 Timeline entry for the Air Blaster, Jim. It shows the blue and white color variation:

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=5507

Thanks Joe, that is it. But the one that I had was all black, and I think it had some silver highlights on it also. I am very sure it was a bit earlier than '68 but it looked just like that one.

JimK

This was the model that I had (I found this picture on line)

post-769-1228055123.jpg

Jim, the air blaster comes up fairly often on Fee bay. I believe you see the blue one a little more often. Perhaps it's available on some websites as well. ;)

Jim, the air blaster comes up fairly often on Fee bay. I believe you see the blue one a little more often. Perhaps it's available on some websites as well. ;)

Thanks Phil,

I am going to keep my eye open for one (that I can afford) and see what happens. I really did love that gun as a child. I can't believe that I all but forgot about it.

JimK

This gun has been on my want list for a while.

But here is a quizz question.

What 1960s movie was this toy gun used in as a prop.

Have Fun!

Mr. Jan

Hello JimK:

My appologies I thought the rest of the space gun collectors would jump in on this one .

I said JoeK was SOOOO close .

He would have been completely right if he had just spelled out the whole title.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians .

Here are some screen grabs.

If you can find this movie ( I know it is available on DVD )

it is a hoot to watch and look for all the classic toys used in the sets and scenes .

Have Fun ! and Happy Holidays !

Mr. Jan

post-14-1228970271.jpg

post-14-1228970406.jpg

post-14-1228970626.jpg

post-14-1228970702.jpg

That is great. I will have to go shopping and find this one. Should be the right time of the year for it to come out onto the shelfs. I like the robot costume a lot also.

Thanks

jimK

Archived