Quisp Raygun From The 1960s

Anton

Thanks guys here's an early picture of Quisp holding his gun.. These boxes were all changed in the late 6o's and they removed the gun from the artwork as it wasn't pc for a cartoon to hold a gun...

post-779-1227554441.jpg

You can't tell from the angle of my pictures but the funnel part of the front of the gun is shaped like the letter Q for Quisp , you can see it in the box artwork

I've seen these from time to time but never a good photo of the gun, box, etc. I didn't realize the Q end format. what's the date of the gun? Thanks for posting, Anton. :)

Great raygun with a personal connection because I was a Quisp kid. My brother had Quake and I had Quisp. I remember it well. I don't think I ever owned the gun though.

Is the front of the gun free to rotate? It looks like a lot of the pictures of this gun have the Q upside down unlike the picture on the box.

Hi Donald - I was also a Quisp kid and always asked my parents to buy Quisp cereal and remember sending away for lots of stuff from the back of the box ie; a battery operated Quisp spaceship , propeller space helmet , parachute flying saucer , etc...

In reference to the gun you can loosen the screw on front to rotate it to the correct position , however , I left it the way it was as all of them I have seen came from the factory that way. I believe the assemblers thought it was a front site and positioned it as close to the top as the gun permitted....

Archived