I Have Your Ray Gun

Eagle

Some Great Ray Guns this week . Teonia needed to go shopping today and drug me along. Low and behold, I saw a few cool things and am joining them together for a high powered

Ray Gun pistol.....I'm not big on pistols !!! They just don't offer real fire power . But this one is the 44 magnum of Ray Guns. Should be done in a few days. :P Yeah it fires !!

post-545-1227431465.jpg

Eagle, that looks awesome. Fine work as always. Can't wait to see the end result. I am a fond of the pistol ray guns mostly because of the space required to display them. I thought that you would have trouble beating the photon ray gun but it looks like you just might make it with thisw one.

JimK

Well I'm sure it had to happen sooner or later. A project sooo bad that even the creator HATES IT !! Thats this gun. As much time as I put into it this weekend and as well as it went, installing the power pack in the grip and having the guts of the contraption work perfect..................I don't like this piece one bit !!! It just doesn't click for me,,,,doesn't look real like an actual weapon. Too dang cartoonish. I'll take it to the toyshow this weekend and prop it up beside a velvet Elvis painting .... :blink: :wacko: :( Oh well..

post-545-1227502128.jpg

post-545-1227502135.jpg

Mark - I like the stock (is that the right term for a pistol?) and the barrel. All you need to do is re design the fin and handle. I think it's still got potential. :)

Dude, that gun is totally salvageable! Just add another smaller layer to the handle with some texture on it. Maybe add some rivets or bolts to make it more interesting. You can add another smaller layer to both sides of the fin to make it more 3D. Don't give up, Mark. You have a great base to work with there, finish it!

I am in total agreement with everyone else. I am really digging it. And there is a lot to be said for cartoonish, I don't see that as a bad thing.

JimK

Alright, I went back and trimmed here and added there. Now the trigger from the left side is guarded but still open on the right side. So no South paw shooters. :P

post-545-1227629090.jpg

post-545-1227629111.jpg

Eagle, you're an ARTIST!!!!! How many outdoors-folks can do this sort of thing? You produce amazing work, I love it as much as all of your works. This gun makes me think of the candy the popcorn man sold off his wagon when I was very small, same shade of red. :lol:

If you don't get 'em with the ZAP you can always use the bladed side! :ph34r:

Instant classic, Mark! I love it. Are you happy with it? You should be.

btw-what did you use for the gun barrel? It looks kinda like a candle holder.

You nailed it Andy. I was just wakling down the isles waiting for Teonia to pick up what she needed. There sat this poor old candlestick holder for a couple bucks in the clearance bin. Si I rescued it . Am I happy with it. Well from a scale of 1 to 10,,,,,a six. The photon rifle,, I make it a nine. Now I like your guns !! :P Your guns are great for concealed use !! Pat probably has a nice shoulder holster for one of them.

Morbius ,, Thanks !!!

Mark,

I am really glad that you didn't give up on it. The extra touches really set it off. It is one of my favorites that I have seen so far. I would rate it well above a 6. Fantastic job

JimK

Mark,,,,,,,Yet again another fantastic creation,,,are you sure there aren't three or more Eagles :blink: I can hardly keep up with the replying to your posts let alone make something :blush: Having said that I have just finshed a day in two foot of mud building concrete blocks and bricks balancing on steps I just built 10 foot in the air :unsure: As we say over here,,it's no good complaining,I should have sat nearer the front of the class and concentrated. :P

BTW,,Sorry I slightly went off the thread .. et's finish with another Big up for the raygun..

Brilliant gun,Glad you never gave up on it. :)

Archived