Rex Raybot

Electric Robot and Son

I was away on vacation in early October and was busy trying to finish my latest project in time for Halloween, so I haven't been posting lately. I did manage to get the robot project done and it was a big hit with the little trick or treaters. He handed out the candy at the front door. Here are some pics... but I had a hard time trying to get good shots of his lights. He is motorized and remote controlled but does not move very fast. He is named after his heat ray dish, which was the heat reflector from a Rexall Rex-Ray heater (still marked in the center of the dish and with the original rexall warranty card).

post-224-1226443403.jpg

post-224-1226443458.jpg

post-224-1226443493.jpg

post-224-1226443524.jpg

post-224-1226443563.jpg

post-224-1226443586.jpg

post-224-1226443608.jpg

and here he is ready for the trick or treaters:

post-224-1226443638.jpg

post-224-1226443658.jpg

post-224-1226443682.jpg

The back is pretty plain so I didn't take any rear views. This one is too big for any robot shelves so I guess he will just hang around in the corner for a while.

LOL Joe... Very nice. Did he dispense Coffee also ? Hey wait a minute ,,are those rear shocks from a KZ-305 ? :P Pat,,always wanting everything in Giant scale. I can see the Robot shack lasting a few months until the 30x60 pole barn goes up ! :P

Thanks for your comments.

Mark, in a previous life he did dispense coffee until he rebeled against his Starbuck Masters (not to be confused with Jedi Masters) and with the addition of some ebay and Ikea parts evolved into REX RAYBOT. His arms are from a KZ400 and his hands are bicycle brakes. His propusion system is from a Maxx Steele robot and his remote is a modified emiglio robot remote rescued from the trash by my nephew. He is peacefully coexisting with several big loo's. His height to the top of the heat ray is 46 inches. I bought this and a second similar commercial coffee urn at the Brimfield flea market last July and told the guy I bought them from that I was going to make robots out of them. I hope he is there again next year to show him some pics.

Great job, Joe. It's nice to see a departure from the standard feet and skirt robots. I wish I could do the mechanical aspect of construction. ;)

...Pat,,always wanting everything in Giant scale...

My life's mentor always taught me "Go big, or go home!"............. ;) Funny, you look to live a small lifestyle yourself, old Buddy! ;)

Archived