Belgo-portuguese Toy Collection

geoffreypeeters

Here are some pictures of my robots and such. One of the big problems over here in Lisbon are the sizes of the appartments! Oh boy - I do need some bigger place. If you ever come over - give me a call and we will go to the local "Feira da ladra" which is Lisbon's biggest fleamarket.(=robber's market to translate it correctly) You are not going to find any MIB bots, but there are sometimes nice toys, some of which are typically Portuguese (like the blue spaceman on one of the pictures).

post-748-1225991583.jpg150208_026.jpg

Very nice collection, you have something for everyone to enjoy. Can you tell me more about the UFO ROBOT? Also like the little wind up bot.

post-7-1226003960.jpg

post-7-1226003975.jpg

Hi Geoffrey, i have the same problem with my parisian apartment, too small for my robots collection ;) yours is really nice and specially the space guns.

Alain

robothut said:
Very nice collection, you have something for everyone to enjoy. Can you tell me more about the UFO ROBOT? Also like the little wind up bot.

Dear Robothut, the saucer is Italian - made by Fabianplastica - and comes from the show UFO Robot Grandizer (Grendizer (JP) / Goldorak (FR) / Goldrake (IT)) It is actually one of the saucers from the bad guys. Fabianplastica also included these in some of the larger window-boxes with rubber figurines of the robot itself, the pilots, etc. They are quite collectable over here in Europe (especially France and Italy) because the TV show was a big hit around 1978-79. People even talk about a "génération Goldorak" when they reffer to kids born in the early 70ies because of this show.

The white robot is a made in China (stamped inside the thigh) white-knob toy - not very old - that I found some 5 years ago in a "everything at 1 Euro" store in Lisbon. I bought 2 of them at the same time. There is a red one also in the same serie with a more triangular-shaped head.

Dear Robothut, the saucer is Italian - made by Fabianplastica - and comes from the show UFO Robot Grandizer (Grendizer (JP) / Goldorak (FR) / Goldrake (IT)) It is actually one of the saucers from the bad guys. Fabianplastica also included these in some of the larger window-boxes with rubber figurines of the robot itself, the pilots, etc. They are quite collectable over here in Europe (especially France and Italy) because the TV show was a big hit around 1978-79. People even talk about a "génération Goldorak" when they reffer to kids born in the early 70ies because of this show.

Awesome Collection!!

I have a box of 1" plastic figures, still attached to their trees from the Goldorak show (Altantic Company) ... interested?

I also have a little plastic model robot that shoots missiles out of his chest from the same show. Unfortunately the cat knocked him off the shelf (another thread topic) and his antennae are gone now...sniff....

robotoy75 said:
Hi Geoffrey, i have the same problem with my parisian apartment, too small for my robots collection 😉 yours is really nice and specially the space guns.

Alain

Thanks Alain. yes, space is a problem... There are some of my favorite robots which are still at my parents' place in Belgium because of that (Spanish PEPO, PLASTIC SHOGUNS, ...) I will definitely need a bigger place, or need at least start putting some in the living room B) (not an easy task to accomplish when you're married to a (hmmmm) "normal" person that wants to see flowers on the shelves - and not Attacking Martians !)

Awesome Collection!!

I have a box of 1" plastic figures, still attached to their trees from the Goldorak show (Altantic Company) ... interested?

I also have a little plastic model robot that shoots missiles out of his chest from the same show. Unfortunately the cat knocked him off the shelf (another thread topic) and his antennae are gone now...sniff....

Dear SarasotaRobby, yes, I know the Atlantic figurines and robots (have them somewhere too) - Atlantic / Italy made a number of really interesting toys on 2 popular Japanese TV shows of the time: Grandizer and Captain Harlock. But one of the less-known figurines and really interesting as toys is their line of Aliens and Spaceships, with separate rayguns and accesories...

Nice collection! Lots of variety... I've never seen that white rifle before. Interesting piece. The muzzle is similar to those found on some other guns, but the rest of the toy really has a unique look to it.

Thanks for posting. :)

Geoffrey, great collection of figures. Do you have all of the pyro rockets. I see three. You'll have to show more closeups of figure groups. As Doc said that white gun is very interesting. Love that blue alien spacemen. :P

dratomic said:
Nice collection! Lots of variety... I've never seen that white rifle before. Interesting piece. The muzzle is similar to those found on some other guns, but the rest of the toy really has a unique look to it.

Thanks for posting. 🙂

Dear Dr. Atomic, the white space rifle is "signed" - comes from the Spanish maker GONHER - I had a number of pistols when I was a kid of the same company - but mostly diecast western 6 shooters... Again, this is one of my findings on the fleamarkets of Lisbon - so the Spanish origin of this rifle makes all the more sense...

Phil R said:
Geoffrey, great collection of figures. Do you have all of the pyro rockets. I see three. You'll have to show more closeups of figure groups. As Doc said that white gun is very interesting. Love that blue alien spacemen. 😛

Thanks Phil. No, I don't have all the Pyro rockets. The only one that's definitely Pyro is the little yellow one. The silver Space Cruiser has a "made in England" under the left wing - so presumably a Tudor Rose or Kleeware toy... Weirdly enough no astronaut on the seat - and the seat does not look to have any holes in it for a peg to fasten anything... Were the astronauts glued on the Pyro version ?

Than, there is the X-400 - here again - no clue from where it came from... no markings whatsoever - it has a friction engine in a square box linked to the two front wheels (contrary to the ALPIA version - which is smooth on the underside) - and the astronauts seem to make part of the ship / plastic molding (or maybe it is because they used the same plastic ?). I am still looking for the Atomic Space ship and the Space Clipper and would like to have one of the Moldex toys as well because of their size difference.

From the sources I got over here the blue astronaut is from the Portuguese toy-company OSUL. It is a little toy but the moveable arms and raygun and space rifle make it one of the most beautiful astronaut toys around. Both plastic space ships / saucers (on the left and right of the astronaut) are from the same toymaker. The first time I saw it, it was at the Sintra toy museum (museu do brinquedo). It took me some help of Portuguese collectors to get hold of one for my own. I'll take some closer pictures.

I need to study everything more carefully. Everything is beautifully displayed. I love your plastics especially the various vehicles. YES - the blue astronaut is special and a real eye catcher!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Hello geoffreypeeters !

I am realy injoying the pictures of your eclectic collection .

It varifies my beleif that anime, super robots, classic style robots

and new and old space toys can co-exist in very attractive combinations.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Have Fun !

Mr. Jan

Archived