Robot 650 On Steroids

Eagle

Since Gramps finished his Robot 700 and told me how much labor was involved the other day,,,, I knew I could never buy one. His model is tops ! So this morning I decided to draw one from his photo. Then try to build it. Not near as good as his for goodness sakes. See how this goes.

post-545-1225690498.jpg

You need to change the name to Spruced Goose :lol: Are you planning on making it walk? Or is it going to be a solid static display? In any event it's a good start.

Thats Good Gramps, except it's hemlock and yellow pine. :P Does yours walk ? This one is static. Here are the only two problems I see. How to make the white numbers for the dials and the mouthpiece looks tricky. While I'm working on this last night, I started to laugh. Because This was a German bot , it's becoming the Christmas season and it's wood. I had these images of installing a handle on the back and making it a nutcracker !! :D Yeah, the mouthpiece and dial numbers. A problem. :huh:

Thats Good Gramps, except it's hemlock and yellow pine. :P Does yours walk ? This one is static. Here are the only two problems I see. How to make the white numbers for the dials and the mouthpiece looks tricky. While I'm working on this last night, I started to laugh. Because This was a German bot , it's becoming the Christmas season and it's wood. I had these images of installing a handle on the back and making it a nutcracker !! :D Yeah, the mouthpiece and dial numbers. A problem. :huh:

OK, OK, HemRoid is more fitting :P Yes mine walks forward and backwards. The mouth was one of many challenges, the raised diamonds on the arms and legs was another. Are you going to add all the fins on the head chest and back?

Are you going to add all the fins on the head chest and back?

Yes, I finished the "v" on the chest today,the chine below that and the six pieces below that. I cast the nose and will work on the ears and eyes tonight when I get home. I don't have a view of the back of the robot. I'll have to dig through your old posts. I'm not making it exactly as yours,,,,that wouldn't be right. So there are some variations . Hemroid it is !! :P I think the mothpiece is the only feature of the 700 that I'm not fond of, so that is going to make it even more difficult to make. Motivation and tenacity are 90% of the game.

I think a nutcracker is a great idea. I'm actually surprised there aren't any robot-based nutcrackers out there.

Lookin' good, Eagle!

I think a nutcracker is a great idea. I'm actually surprised there aren't any robot-based nutcrackers out there.

Lookin' good, Eagle!

Well Doc, the problem is that people tend to use metal nuts with robot nutcrackers. ;)

I thought the same thing Doc. I tried to find an image of a German wooden nutcracker and there aren't any. There ya go Blech !! Corner the market !

I tried to find an image of a German wooden nutcracker and there aren't any. There ya go Blech !! Corner the market !

A nutcracker! A nutcracker?

Here is a nutcracker! :lol:

post-544-1225823616.jpg

Archived