700 The Name Is Bot, James Bot

9tobor9

First Roboter 700 made it to Europe ! An absolute must ! I'm in love L U V ! The first ever Robot Made In Western Amerika !!!

More pics to come, of it disassembled, just like an Avenger ! My oh my ! Am I a fan of British spys, of super heroes or of Robots ???

Those who said : all !!! >> you get bonus points !!!

post-75-1225227684.jpg

post-75-1225227723.jpg

Gramps,,, now that this Bad Boy is done ,I have some Questions. How long does it take just to machine the main components ? Also are the numbers for the dials a decal ?

Thanks Great job.

Gramps,,, now that this Bad Boy is done ,I have some Questions. How long does it take just to machine the main components ? Also are the numbers for the dials a decal ?

Thanks Great job.

Eagle, I really haven't broken it down since I make a couple at the same time, but it takes about 30 hours total for each one from start to finish. The dial numbers and lettering are machined (laser engraved), decals would ruin the overall effect of making it a scaled reproduction.

The real time was spent making the 100 plus CAD Drawings and converting them to G-Code for the CNC Mill, Lathe and Laser. A fair amount of time was also spent on making fixtures to hold the parts to machine them, plus all of the molds were machined to make the cast parts. Needless to say it was not a money making project.

• 7 years later...

Archived