Horikawa Piston Head, Video Of My Latest Robot

MetalRobotHead

Been a bit quiet for me on Alphadrome so I thought I would share my latest robot, the Horikawa Piston Head robot. One thats been on my list for some time so when I saw it on Jay's 'Robot Island' website I had to go for it (thanks Jay), certainly no disappointments here, great robot with all the action. Here is a photo of it together with the Yonezawa Mechanic robot another late 1970/80's robot. They go together well. :D

And a 'You Tube' video of Piston Head in action 

Strange thing is the head slowly rotates to the left as can be seen in video and the robot also turns left to follow the head direction, don't know if it supposed to do that. :blink:

6_Web_Piston_and_Mechanic.JPG

Nice pickup ...Always liked that groovy see-thru piston action !

Better be careful though, collect a few more of these guys

and you may have to change your name to MetalPlasticRobotHead !! :)

Nice pistons there MRH!

Watch the lower head (mouth) area as the Mechanic Robot spins his gears, they reflect off his chin in a darker room making his light show even better! :D

MRH,,,,,,,,,Love your Piston Head robot :) ,,,a robot that is a recent addition to my own collection and definatly one of my favourites...The Mechanic robot I used to have in an earlier collection and after seeing your one I now regret selling :(

MRH: Very nice pickup! I have one myself and find it to be one of the more attractive robots on my shelf. Definetely a unique and somewhat scarce 'bot.

Sparkrobot -

MRH,,,,,,,,,Love your Piston Head robot ,,,a robot that is a recent addition to my own collection and definatly one of my favourites...The Mechanic robot I used to have in an earlier collection and after seeing your one I now regret selling

MRH: Very nice pickup! I have one myself and find it to be one of the more attractive robots on my shelf. Definetely a unique and somewhat scarce 'bot.

Thanks to all for your replies, Spark I didn't know you had a Piston Head & Rotobadger/Morbius I recall seeing yours on a previous thread. I am still a bit curious, does either of yours or anyone else who has one have a head that rotates or is it mine has a loose head and the vibration of the 8 pot is vibrating it around. :unsure:

:D MetalPlasticRobotHead :D Perhaps it should be, plastic is the way forward. :D

Spark, perhaps this will inspire you to get another Mechanic - You Tube video of Mechanic Robot doing it thing with flashing lights

MPRH ;) Now after seeing the great action of the Mechanic I wish I still had my old one even more :closedeyes: ....

I added the The Piston Head and a few more great robots to my collection recently ,I was thinking about doing a post on them when I get my latest robots from Andyman then showing them all together........

I'm glad you pointed out the moving head on the Piston head robot,,I'm guessing yours is a bit looser than mine as mine doesn't actually move when all the pistons in the block are fired up,,,[ anyone would think we were talking about a 400 cu in [6.6 L] V8 Corvette :blink: ]

but it moves in a great way where you can 'pose' his head in any position.

Great robot MRH and I think perhaps my fave plastic after Astroman of course. Time to show off your entire collection perhaps ?

Not a good time to buy abroad at the moment though with the pound so low against the euro/$ . <_<

Nice pickup MRH. This guy is a very unique Horikawa and what a great action for a toy! Love the big tin plate on the chest, and the head looks almost like a square pumpkin - anyone else see that or is it just getting close to Halloween? :D

Hi MRH, I don't have either of these...two good robots with two good boxes, nice purchase. I think the "mechanic" robot looks a little intimidating due to his lack of facial features but they look great as a pair! ;)

Noel

• 6 years later...

Hi Metal Robot Head,

Looking through old posts as I am a new member, you have a nice pair of robots there, the Mechanic and the Piston Head. I have the Mechanic and love the colored dials spinning around as well as the "space sound". I am also looking for a Piston Head. How much did you pay for yours ?

As Brian intimated, it is better to start a new thread if you want to discuss something. It's a bit jarring seeing 7 year old threads pop up in this context.

Archived