New Wind-up Chinese Zoomer Like Robot

Bob B.

Hi. Can somebody please tell me if the New wind-up chinese zoomer like robot's antenna is supposed to be very loose, and will extend on its own and tilt sdeways if the robot is tilted or turned upside down? I was wondering if mine is defective. Thanks so much for your help--Bob B. :o

Hi. Can somebody please tell me if the New wind-up chinese zoomer like robot's antenna is supposed to be very loose, and will extend on its own and tilt sdeways if the robot is tilted or turned upside down? I was wondering if mine is defective. Thanks so much for your help--Bob B. :o

I don't know, but maybe the antenna is a sort of slide activator switch. So the antenna might naturally have some play, if that's the way it works. I believe that some antenna robots work this way.

Dear Velocity,

Thanks so much for your response. I am referring to the new, mass-produced, very inexpensive (i.e., $14.00), small chinese windup robots on ebay, with the zoomer like face.

I am referring to the new, mass-produced, very inexpensive (i.e., $14.00), small chinese windup robots on ebay, with the zoomer like face.

Care to share a listing number? I'd like to take a look at one.

Bob, I just bought one on Ebay also, but have not received it yet. I will let you know if mine is loose also when it arrives.

Oops! We are talking about the "Sparky" right? The one with the loop antenna?

Oops! We are talking about the "Sparky" right? The one with the loop antenna?

I bought one tonight, too... Sure doesn't look like it should be loose... Bob B, do you mean the coil at the base of the antenna is sprung, bouncing around loose like a slinky or something?

:huh:

Dear Zesko, Hi. Thanks for your response. Yes, the spring is moving along the antenna, and the antenna not only slides in and out of the robot's head on its own, but also moves sideways. Please let me know if your's is similar. Thanks--Bob.

Bob - I just picked one up also and the antenna flops around like it's going to fall off! The coil is loosely wrapped around a center post that comes up through the top of the robot's head but there's really nothing in place to secure it in place properly. When standing at display, it's fine. But pick up the robot to play or examine, and the stupid antenna falls over. Hey, I shouldn't expect too much from a $12.99 robot!

Hi Bob B. I bought one a month ago and the antenna does just flop around, just a poor design and not much of a robot, when I oredered mine I thought it was going to be larger.

The antenna does nothing at all. Yes, all of em just sort of flops around. I got one and was very disappointed in the whole look and feel of it. I just took it apart last night and verified that the antenna is just a non functional prop, they could have at least made a friction stop for it so it doesn't flop around. bah! It's in the trash now. ghastly piece of tin.

bah! It's in the trash now. ghastly piece of tin.

Good heavens! Not the trash! Don't you understand, that discarded junk could possibly be an archaeological MISSING LINK in the distant future, upon which the entire history of tin robot collecting may hinge!!! Just think, the tin robots of 22nd Century will be even CHEAPER and MORE POORLY MADE than the worst examples today!

Today's collectors are the stewards of tin litho robots (inspirational marching music fades in), and it is your duty to preserve, protect and defend all examples of tin lithographed robotry, regardless of their perceived imperfections! Only in this way will succeeding generations enjoy a proper perspective of the good, the bad, and the very ugliest tin litho robots. Your mission should be clear; now do what you have to do!

This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

:lol:

Archived