Meet Mister Brianiac Saturn

laserman

Here is Mister Brianiac Saturn. This robot design was influenced partly by the Jetson's Uniblab robot. I intend to sometime make a more accurate version of Uniblab as I can get to it as I have some of the key parts. This guy gave me a few troubles as I tried to decide on the final color scheme as I had three different ones in mind. Also, the circuitry panel on the chest was going to be back lite with a EL panel. But I was so disappointed with the brightness (not even good for a night light) I just installed the blinking Leds instead. I was too far down the road with him to consider other backlighting schemes. I also want to give credit to Grandpa as he cut the rings for me.

The head was made from one of those clear 3" Christmas ornament globes you can get at Michaels. The other parts were made from styrene.

Pics below including one of him posing with Skybot. I apologize as I made these pics at night and lighting was not the best.

Youtube short video (again poor lighting as it was filmed at night):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtO97ykx8U

On to the next one, Data Man. :P

post-226-1222145071.jpg

post-226-1222145087.jpg

post-226-1222145112.jpg

post-226-1222145124.jpg

post-226-1222145133.jpg

post-226-1222145145.jpg

post-226-1222145155.jpg

post-226-1222145163.jpg

These are just amazing looking robots! Especially Skybot with the Rocket Man style helmet/head. I agree with John, let's see number three in the Series soon!!! Congratulations on having such a wonderful talent. All you guys who build these customized robots really have a terrific gift for creativity! ;)

Fantastic!! Even though I don't post my praise for all the custom 'bots you guys make, I really love them...it's the best part of this forum to me. These really capture the art deco flavor that I like. Hey Laserman, if I'm not mistaken don't you live in Iowa?

Now what are you going to do during the upcoming loong coold winter?? I say..make more 'bots.

Thanks guys! I have a couple "Honey do" things around the house and yard to do before I can go back to my "cave" and finish the couple little things I need to finish on Data Man. Mike, yes I'm in Iowa, and I hope we don't have the winter we had last year. Some more bots ( I still need to make that Rosie type maid for my son) along with some other fun sci-fi projects are planned to keep me out of trouble this winter :P

I started with some basic Circuit board artwork, and then heavily modified and embellished it with microcircuit masks and other objects.

post-226-1222871699.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Laserman,

Sorry it took me so long to reply...

Both of these latest conversions are just FANTASTIC !

Can't wait to see what number 3 looks like...Great Job !! :)

Archived