Dan Dare Cap Gun

dratomic

And yet another ray gun just showed up in the mail today: The Dan Dare Cap Gun, made by Great Britain's Lone Star in the 1950s. Again, I don't know too much about this one beyond the nationality and the character, so if any locals can chime in with an exact date, I'd appreciate it!

The gun's painted silver with red airbrushing over it (not the other way around, as I first thought). It's a really nice affect; I don't think the photos quite capture it.

The toy was also made in green, and Lone Star later released it as the String Ray (Sixties).

post-124-1221848600.jpg

post-124-1221848617.jpg

post-124-1221848630.jpg

Hi Doc, nice gun and yes, they did a red and green stingray version but they also did a light blue PLASTIC Batman version :o , it was one of the guns I sold along with all my other ray guns a few years ago, obviously I wish I still had it... I find myself saying that a lot since I joined Alphadrome, seeing these toys again adds to the nostalgia factor,

Noel

Nice pick up Doc. I've bid on several of these without success. I have seen a lot of HK copies of this gun in plastic but the metal onese very nice.

• 2 months later...

Archived