Interesting Customized Robots From The Net

gernot

While searching the net for Robots and advertising I found this interesting Blog TIKIRANCH including some beautiful custom made Robots.

In some way they remind me of the Andybots, but still they are different and have their own style as all the Custom Robots.

Especially the base of the last Robot he made is quite interesting, including the "plate".

I asked the guy if I can put the pictures here on the Alphadrome an he agreed. so here they are !

Enjoy. the Blog itself is worth a look, some very nice old Advertising objects there, too.

Here is a link to the Robots in the Blog as well as some of the pictured Bots.

http://tikiranch.blogspot.com/search?q=robot

post-25-1220452882.jpg

post-25-1220452891.jpg

post-25-1220452896.jpg

post-25-1220452904.jpg

post-25-1220452914.jpg

post-25-1220452921.jpg

post-25-1220452928.jpg

post-25-1220452936.jpg

post-25-1220452941.jpg

Wow Gernot, they're great...I love the electrical test meter on the first one, I actually think I'm going to build a robot as I'm in the process of geting rid of some stuff fom the lab and there's bound to be a few "robot" bits lying around!

Noel.

There are so many people who seem drawn to making ROBOTS AS ART that there almost seems to be a need to name it as an Art Movement. By that I mean, for example, we have the art movements of: impressionism, expressionism, pointilism, pop art, art nouveau, etc (you get the idea). Clearly, with the likes of this fellow, and Andybot, LockWasher design, Toby Atticus Fraley, Clayton Bailey, Nemo Gould, etc - there is a huge group of artist that are drawn ( I would say inexplicitedly drawn - however, I think we Alphadromers understand) to creating ROBOTS! And cool ones to boot!

Now, those listed above are all the ones that do it with 'found' objects. Of course, there are also the guys outside of that. People like Hideo Shibahara and his Shibakin Factory making his wonderful creations out of sheet metal...or our own JR putting together his unique creations at the Robot Hut!

I don't know what the parameters are, or what the official Art Movement should include - but, doggone it, it seems as if there are enough people inspired to do it that it should have it's own name! Maybe Art Robotism or something hoity-toity like that...

Archived