Space Ranger Kit Contents?

Kilroy

I just received a Sylvania space ranger kit but strangely enough, it was not the one pictured in the auction - maybe the seller has a stash of them. It was still pretty good but the one I received was partially open, maybe enough to remove something. There is one lump moving around inside which appears to be string bundled with elastic bands. I don't know if there should be anything else loose in the envelope. Does anyone else know the exact contents of the kit? I had intended to open the kit eventually but may have to do it right away to check the contents.

Leon, are you referring to the Buck Rogers set? The items are on sheets which are flat. Perhaps someone assembled something or an item released from the diecut and got folded? I'd look at it. Perhaps steam open the rest of the seal. ;)

Opened the kit and it looks great! It does not appear to be missing anything. The 2 loose pieces are some paste backed paper and a bundle of string bound with elastic bands. I think I will scan & print some of these and maybe try to make the disintegrator pistol, & perhaps the rocket launcher.

post-548-1219799559.jpg

post-548-1219799580.jpg

• 1 month later...

I printed and assembled myself a disentegrator - lots of exacto knife work. Actually shoots quite well.

If anybody wants to build their own, let me know and I will see what I can do about getting them a high res image to print.

post-548-1222556970.jpg

Archived