Space Rifle

Joe K.

...Red one's also missing the top of the front site. Blue one's apparently missing a trigger...

Here's a pic of mine:

post-124-1219348229.jpg

The Tommy Ray was made by B&W Molded Plastics, Inc. The toy makes a machine-gun noise while a light in the tip of the barrel flashes. Very cool toy -- one of my faves.

Great find, Joe!

Thanks Phil and "Doc".

What's the complete name of this weapon? Is it Tommy-Ray Automatic Space Gun? I can't quite make out that word on the box.

I did check Justin's site, looking for it. It's mis-named there. He calls it Tomy Gun :blink: !

And one more question for you Ray Gun experts...

Could the helmet that's pictured to the left of the Tommy-Ray in the catalog photo, be the same one depicted being worn by the boy in the artwork on the box?

What do you think?

Here's the link to the TIMELINE post:

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...st=0#entry82124

Joe -- the helmet in the catalog is the same as the helmet on the box. It's also known as the Tommy Ray Helmet, but I don't know if it had an official name.

Oh, in reference to the Toy Ray Gun site: There's also an older water pistol called the Tomi Gun. I think the listing on the web site is probably a typo/crossed synapse. ;)

Archived