Battery: European Flat Battery

Fineas J. Whoopie

I've been searching the web for a source of the flat style 4.5 volt battery that goes into the "Intercozmos" car, and I haven't been successfull. Any of you know how to get ahold of one? Or, maybe one of the more elecrtonically gifted of you has figured out a way to run this car using American standard batterys. I sure would like to see if this toy works!

P.S. - I do have the battery cover.

post-2-1071346240.gif

I am unfamilliar with the term "cycle rear lamp batteries" is that a British or European standard? It may be something available here in America, I don't know. All I have to go on is this battery box. Here is the other side view.

Thanks SH Mike, you got your reply in as I was posting this responce. :D

post-2-1071352625.gif

Actually the side to side dimention is probably 2 5/8" also because I mesured the opening which has a slight overlapping lip.

have you tried to see if 3 AA Batteries fit in the space?

If so, just soldier wire to them in series and tape the exposed

wire ends to the terminals. You could also make a connector using Radio Shack parts

so you could replace the batteries when they run down. Radio Shack makes

holders for this but it all depends on the space available. You can also use Button Cell

Batteries.

If you are just testing if it works, Use a Universal Power Adtapter. You can choose several

different outputs. (they can cause problems with toys that have a speaker though).

I made a 3 volt tester with a Power Adapter with aligator clips on the ends of the wires.

• Brian.. changed the title to Battery: European Flat Battery

Archived