Jumbo Atomic Man

Velocity

As y'all recall, Restoration Hardware carried a few Schylling robot ornaments and windups back at Christmas, including that Jumbo 10-3/4" Atomic Man tree-topper (Mr. Rigg animated it in less than 24 hours). Its holiday price was $24.99, which probably wasn't too bad for a unique item. Well, while bopping around at Restoration Hardware today on the East Coast, we saw a clearance table FULL of Schylling spaceship and robot ornaments, AND several of the Jumbo Atomic Men, all at 75% OFF. Translates to less than $6.50 each for the Jumbos. Maybe it's a nationwide clearance, in which case you might want to pay a quick visit to Restoration Hardware this weekend.

i was tempted to buy that big hollow atomic. but now with the fully animated wind-up big atomic coming out from schylling, i will save my 6 bucks and buy a sandwhich.

i will save my 6 bucks and buy a sandwhich.

Well, you know how flash-in-the-pan novelties go. The hollow tree-toppers may be completely dropped after last Christmas season, and then turn up 20 years from now with hefty price tags. Stranger things have happened.

Hooray! I finally found a Restoration Hardware store and, with great excitement, their "Bargain Bin". Alas! They had sold out of all of their 24" Mr Atomic Men during Christmas, however I was able to get a MIB Red Schylling Atomic Man for $6.00. Worth the drive I would say!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was Bill at Neat Stuff that posted that he had made a Shilling Space man in to a crystal raido and he is in Seattle. May be the same guy.

Archived