Lio Bots Four And Five By Mmm

milwaukeemachineman

Great Job Phil!!!! It looks Fantastic!!! Now if Robobob can put into the strip then we'll get it to Mark Tatulli

Excellent All Around Guys......We did it!

A Comic Strip Brought to LIFE!.....Just amazing

MMM

Great Job Phil!!!! It looks Fantastic!!! Now if Robobob can put into the strip then we'll get it to Mark Tatulli

Excellent All Around Guys......We did it!

A Comic Strip Brought to LIFE!.....Just amazing

MMM

Fantastic joint alphadrome project,,,,,,,,makes you feel proud to being a member :) ...........As MMM said you must get a completed photo off to the author,,I'm sure he will be amazed...........

MMM said I would like to hear from "The Master Robot Builder" himself John Rigg? Whatta ya think Boss? Did we do good?

I have to tell you I am the wrong guy to ask about this project. I have never heard of Lio Bots. Have no idea what they are. The posts make them sound like a comic strip. I have not looked at the comics in a newpaper in probably 30 years so if thats what they are I am out of the loop. I will have to check out the web site links that are in some of these posts to see what its all about before I comment. But I am glad to see so many new projects being made and all the postive posts make me feel like you guys must have done a good job. :rolleyes:

Ok the 11 pictures in the first post have finnaly all opened up (about 15 minuts on dial up) and now I can see the other posts that sow the comic strip and the robots. Yes you have all done a great job! :rolleyes:

Fantastic job MMM and all others, brilliant how your thoughts can be transmitted through your hands to create these wonders. :D I hazard a guess that there aren't many UNtalented folks who collect 'bots here. Seems to go together well!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my email with photos and response from Mark Tatulli.

Mark, I'm a member of an international group of robot collectors, writers, designers, etc. The website is danefield.com called Alphadrome. We regularly enjoy Lio, especially the robot strips. A few members decided to construct some of the robots from your strip featuring five robots. Here's the result.

Mark Tatulli reply

Wow! I'm blown away! You guys got those robots just right! if there's ever going to be a LIO movie, I'm going to suggest you guys for robot design/construction! I am truly touched by your attention to detail! Well done! Well done! All my best... Mark Tatulli LIO

Well done Phil !!! Bravo !! :P I have to say something about the builders on Alphadrome. You can't find a better group of guys. Myself not included. ;) What I mean is there is nothing but respect throughout the group. There is constructive criticism but never an ounce of being critical . The very best in the group are willing to give a helping hand and advise to us amateurs. I hold nothing but the highest admiration for you guys. Hats off. I mean, there is MMM getting ready for a major operation. Is he sitting around fretting about it ??? Hell no, He's pumping out bots and GREAT ones at that. Phil calls me and says he is doing Lio in Clay, but he hasn't done sculpture in decades. All I said was, You"ll do fine. Look what he does !!! :P Who knows maybe we can convince Mark Tatulli to join the Drome. MMM did you see my Gauntlet ??????

Well done indeed Phil!

Sure Glad Mark T. enjoyed the bots, we'll see if we get contacted about some movie of Lio, that would be so cool.

And Mark, you already know I love ya, man but put the Gauntlet away or did I hid it? I was a little groggy after the surgery!

Lets just all hope that this kind of "Magic" will always continue here! a very rare special kind of "Sparkle" that most here posess.

We just gotta make dreams come true, it's the reason to Live!

Again, Gentlemen, It's been an Honor Working with you all!......God Speed!

MMM

Archived