Lio Bots Four And Five By Mmm

milwaukeemachineman

Geeze oh Petes,,,,,here I am bugging you about the Bots and you already built them. Sweet job MMM. How the heck did we all miss this thread ? Thats just about all of them, Maybe we should offer them to the author ! :P Who is going to build #3 ???

Gotta get Robobob to put them into the comic like the others!

MMM

Picture #3 would fit into the comic strip well?

post-441-1218551959.jpg

Well, Mike, it was certainly worth the wait. Great job on the Lio bots. I will have to agree that the red-headed one is terrific! Ok, somhow I missed eggbot? ;)

Great job, MMM! Looks like they walked straight off the page!

I definitely think that, when all the bots are done, photos need to be sent to the comic's author -- I think he'd get a kick out of seeing his creations come to life. Either that, or he'd be deeply, deeply disturbed...

Brian, I don't believe Mark Tatulli would think we were disturbed. After all, if you read the strip you would know he's already there! :lol: As you know, I present them for Alphadrome. What does that say about me?! :D

So is anyone building the 3rd one? I think he is the coolest ! Phil is building Lio. MMM you need to give Phil the dimensions of your Redhead bot, so Phil can build it to scale. Right Phil. ;) John,,,Andy ??? Want to do #3 ? If not, I'll finish the gang of five. :D

Already gave Phil the size of the Bots Like I said each one is about 6 1/2" tall, made mostly of pill bottles and detail junk! just gotta finish the painting of that detail. Each one took about two days to build just from what I have laying around. I like to use those small extending antenna's so you can have that look for a neck.

Oh! By the way, I am building Lio Bot #3, He's about a third way completed and I'll post pictures when it's done!

And just to let you know I ain't goin for PERFECTION here! just something that has the look of the comic Bots.....enough said!

Hope you enjoy and then when all get put into the comic strip we'll see how it all turns out?

MMM

Thanks Bob (Robobob), Ta..Daa...! is right! B) :D and great job on Lio Bot #1

Thanks Mark (Eagle) for making this contest possible, The Gauntlet is sure getting it's work-out around here! Plus your Lio Bot #2 is Fantastic!! :blink: ;)

Phil, Thanks for the support and I can't wait to see an actual Lio build in the picture. :closedeyes: ;) :rolleyes:

I would like to hear from "The Master Robot Builder" himself John Rigg? Whatta ya think Boss? Did we do good? :ph34r:

One last thing is I hope Mark Tatulli and his comic strip are pleased with our work? Does anybody know where to sent it to him? :unsure:

Again, it's been an Honor and a Privilege working with you guys on this project, Hope to do more later. ;)

Thanks to all for your kind comments. :glare:

MMM

Hello: I haven't spoken up about much lately but wanted to say that these build ups of the lio bots are great.

Also good luck to MMM with his up coming surgery.

As far as sending the pictures to Mark Tatulli.

On each comic there is the web site address:

www.gocomics.com/lio

You could probably send the pictures there.

Have Fun !

Mr. Jan

Well I just looked at the comics web site and found no e-mail link.

Damn wrong again.

Lots of comics though.

Well, this has been an interesting experience. it's been more than 20 years since I've done any sculpting. A wood basic framework and Das self drying clay produced this figure of Lio. My deepest apologies to Mark Tatulli. The difficulty is trying to translate simplistic two- dimension to three-dimension with features like the nose, etc. The figure is 6-1/2" and another 1-1/2" for hair. I decided to make the figure with his feature smile instead of the serious look. I got the color from a color strip. He now has calendars and books. I've got to get the books! :lol:

post-221-1218915129.jpg

post-221-1218915612.jpg

Archived