Omegaman's Collection

omegaman

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum. I've been living in Japan for the last few years collecting all sorts of Japanese toys from Cyborgs to old kaiju and other space related toys. Recently I became interested in old robots. I found this site a while ago and have been looking through the pics at some amazing collections and it got me really interested in Japanese made bots. So I started picking up a few items here and there, just of ones that I liked. Anyway, here is a photo of some of the ones I have. I have a few more and will post them when I have time to do the pics. Anyway, I look forward to chatting to a few more of you as there is a lot of people here with lots of knowledge.

space_toys_1.jpg

omegaman,,,,,,,,,,,Welcome to alphadrome,,,,,,,,,,Now you've got the robot collecting bug there is no going back,,I like the way you have started collecting vintage straight away.I particularly like the Robotank-Z I didn't get one of those until late into my collecting,,,now it one of my favourite robots,,a real stand out piece..

Thanks guys. Yeah the Robo Tank was the first one that really grabbed me. Something very quirky about it that I just loved. I guess I get a bit spoiled for choice in Tokyo. Lots of great shops stocking the old stuff.

Welcome to the boards. You've definitely got the beginnings of a nice collection there -- the High-Wheel was one of my first robots, too. A classic design.

Sounds like Tokyo's a toy-lover's dream. If the store owners don't mind, it'd be great to see some photos of their wares on display if you ever get a chance.

(Oh, I've just started collecting kaiju over the last month or so. None of the vintage stuff -- though I visited a guy who has a house full of them, and another friend of mine has the largest collection of Ultraman toys in the world -- but lots of the newer pieces. Some of the Japanese companies can do amazing things with translucent vinyl and metallic paints! :) )

Sounds like Tokyo's a toy-lover's dream. If the store owners don't mind, it'd be great to see some photos of their wares on display if you ever get a chance.

Yeah I'll do that next time I'm around town. Mandrake, which has the best displays that are constantly changing, are a but funny about taking photos unfortunately. But there are a few other stores that have great collections that are fine with it.

omegaman: You're off to a great start with the beautiful 'bots you've chosen, can't go wrong with any of those in any collection! Great going!! :P

The gray Video Robot is a scarce item as well as....well just about all of them. Hustler is a sturdy brute of a toy, mine just keeps going decade after decade (after a tap on his rear)! Sort of like starting an old wooden biplane's prop.

Nice to see another box collector too. Yeh they take up space but the artwork is something unto itself, just think of all the boxes shed on Xmas morning...the 'bot a week or two after when the batteries leaked.

Thanks for posting, remember this stuff is very addictive. :ph34r:

Guest kenalexruss

Welcome to the board Omegaman!!!

You are certainly in good company here. Great collection too!

I have a feeling this showing is but a small sample of your collection?

Also, might there be a few smorsels available, well, for trade? Sale?

Yeah I'll do that next time I'm around town. Mandrake, which has the best displays that are constantly changing, are a but funny about taking photos unfortunately. But there are a few other stores that have great collections that are fine with it.

I was at the Mandrake store in Osaka... same deal... no picture taking allowed. For collectors of things Japanese, the Mandrake catalog was something to behold. Between 1/2 and an inch thick of everything from cells (old cells, from shows like the original Astro Boy) to plastic figures, to vintage manga. I arranged to have it sent to me for a while, couldn't afford to buy from it very often, but it was a great reference.

Great condition on all your pieces! Crisp boxes indeed!!

Scott

Archived