Raygun From Peru

rika

Hello

This ray gun was made on Peru in the early 70's by plastic toys producer BASA. I think the friction mechanism come from Japan.

This is the last addition to my guns colection that I want to share with you.

post-589-1216517193.jpg

Interesting. Clearly based on the Razer series of guns, though that attachable front barrel is a neat twist. Thanks for posting.

Interesting. Clearly based on the Razer series of guns, though that attachable front barrel is a neat twist. Thanks for posting.

Hello

Do you have some pictures of the razer gun?

I have a japanese version of this gun. It looks identical except the barrel is glued to the gun. It is called Space Pilot Jet Ray Gun. The box has both a KO diamond symbol and the Taiyo walking robot symbol. The gun has the name on it and the Taiyo robot symbol. There is a shorter barrel version of this gun that is much more common. My Japanese version has a patent no. on the box. Is there apatent number on your vrsion?

I have a japanese version of this gun. It looks identical except the barrel is glued to the gun. It is called Space Pilot Jet Ray Gun. The box has both a KO diamond symbol and the Taiyo walking robot symbol. The gun has the name on it and the Taiyo robot symbol. There is a shorter barrel version of this gun that is much more common. My Japanese version has a patent no. on the box. Is there apatent number on your vrsion?

Thanks for your information.

There is no patent number on the box. But on the handle there is a made in PerĂº (IND PER.), some license numbers, the name and symbol of the producer "BASA". They also left the "Space pilot" name, see the picture.

It is a japanese design for sure.

post-589-1216686848.jpg

If you do an ebay search in toys for Razer you will find several variations of razer style ray guns.

Joe, is your Space Pilot copper? Mine came with a header in a bag and the front barrel is removable. Also each hole has three dividers like the peace symbol. ;)

Archived