Forrest J. Ackerman A Tribute Robot

robothut

Does the rotating action make it hard to few the pics?

Definitely not! :) Only you have to run round the robot in circles.

Very slick John !!! Thanks for the link to Mr Ackerman. I have to buy that book. It amazes me how little I know on subject material like this. I don't remember ever reading a comic book. I probably have, just don't remember. We lived so far out, that there were not any stores to buy or look at comic books. All the reading material came from the school library. I think I read every Tom Swift book, Arthur C Clark, Jules Vern though. Sweet Job john. ;)

I love it , John! The head is excellent and I also like the louvered chest hood. Very 50s! I can't believe how you go from modern to retro and back again. Although you seem to be in the reto mode now. :D

John,,,,,,,That's one of your best I've seen in a while now,,,,,,,There is something about the head that puts me in mind of THE OUTER LIMITS...fantastic imagination!!!!

Very nice John! Especially like the 'cow catcher' on his chest, nice touch however some poor little train toy is now incomplete... :( :P :lol: Absolutely 'Robot Monster' inspired.

Very, Very Nice, John !!

Love that porthole head, kind of has a Deep-Sea diver, B-Movie, Outer-Limits look to it !!

And that 3x lens gives the pictures from the viewer a TOTALLY different look...Well Done !!! B)

Found this build picture of the head, trim ring, top of head, arms and there trim rings. As for viewing the pictures on a roto-matic robot, thats why I used seperate switches for the mechanics and the electronics. :rolleyes:

post-7-1217179336.jpg

Archived