1962 Saucer Lamp

Eagle

Last night I was cleaning up after several projects. Just leftover junk everywhere. As I'm gathering it all up,,,,,,,,,,,,well you know what happens. This could go here, this could go there, rearrange this, drill here,solder that. :P about and hour and a half later...........A lamp. I have to go get the bulb sockets and switch. ;)

post-545-1216048936.jpg

post-545-1216048944.jpg

post-545-1216048949.jpg

Andy, you know what I'm talking about.. ;) You just can't pick things up and put them away.... :rolleyes: :D :P

I like it Mark. The fin is a nice touch. Perhaps in color with a decal or a design. Plain is nice too! Let's see, I have two saucer lamps and a light with a saucer on top. Where can I put another? :rolleyes:

post-545-1216065794.jpgpost-545-1216065783.jpgpost-545-1216065776.jpgPhil,,,Conney says your suspended from purchases until further notice ! 😮 Ok , all wired up. I drilled holes in the upper and lower compartment, then sandwiched the bulb between the two. Gives a cool effect. 😉

post-545-1216065776.jpg

post-545-1216065783.jpg

post-545-1216065794.jpg

The exhaust nozzle is spun aluminum. I did not make it. It came from a leftover project. One of the rocket ships I think. The vertical fin is .35 2024 t3 . Yes they are tail lights. The top one is from a 1962 Ford and the bottom one is from a 1955 merc. Or at least thats what the guys told me at Carlisle when I picked them up last month. ;) I'd love to build a couple for you guys, but ya just can't do it. They are just odds and ends. Now I can build others like it ,but not an exact duplicate. I'll list this one because for once I built something that can be shipped !!!!! It comes apart. :)

Glad to see you are back working on space stuff. Another great creation....and functional too. I love it Mark.

Andy, you know what I'm talking about.. ;) You just can't pick things up and put them away.... :rolleyes: :D :P

Some of my best stuff comes from picking up after myself. ;)

Regarding using one-of-a-kind or rare parts...I sent Zee out to California last week. The trip loosened the glue holding his vintage Zenith vacuum tube head to his body. Upon arrival as he was being unwrapped, the tube fell out and smashed on the ground. Now I'm in a scramble to find another vac tube of that style! :huh:

Archived