Meet Traks

Eagle

A few weeks back, Phil posted a Lio cartoon. Well I liked the bots in the cartoon. I am probably the only guy in the world that does complete restorations on the Remco bulldog tank. Up until I met you guys...........that was about all I did. Back then a mint restored example was brings around 600 bucks. As the market declined I just put all the hulls in storage. Some of the hulls are beyond restoration. So I thought what the heck. Build the Lio Bot from a Bulldog. Anyone that has ever seen a Remco Bulldog knows they are BIG. So this guy stands 23" tall and has full propulsion. Also I have included some tricks for tank treads. See Remco built good stuff and to give longevity to the tracks they were shipped with a type of wax cosmoline on the tracks. To bring them back to life all you do it hit them with a heat gun thin spay them down with LPS 3. Good for another 45 yrs. 😉 This thing looks a lot better in person.

post-545-1215814237.jpg

post-545-1215814271.jpg

post-545-1215814292.jpg

post-545-1215814237.jpg

post-545-1215814271.jpg

post-545-1215814292.jpg

Good job Mark,,,now can you go and make the other 4 :huh:I think that's the only way we will get to see them built ;) ..I'm always so busy lately I only talk about it :(

Great work Mark (Eagle)!!!

I guess the Gauntlet has been trown down...Eh?

I like the look of the fourth one in line and was thinking of making it......whatta ya think?

It has those Binocular eyes that I just happen to like in my robots....so that's the one I'm gonna tackle, O.K.?

As usual you always seem to stir up competition amongst us here.....and that's a good thing my friend!

Love the work......Keep it up!

MMM

Sorry for this second post but I did already build something close.....Check this out!

MMM

post-441-1215821762.jpg

Great work, Mark! Does the guy run? You even have the black and white look of the cartoon! Now on to Socks' big brother! nice job with your robot, MMM! :D

Mark, you're amazing! Super-adventurer, master of all trades and artist all in one. The first guy looks a lot like Uniblab! :lol:

Mark - The robot is cool, but the Remco Bulldog Tank! Oh, man, am I having flashbacks! I had that toy as a kid and it was AWESOME! I begged my mother for weeks for it and she finally bought it at the John's Bargain Store and it was a whopping $16.00 which was a lot of coin for any toy back in the middle 1960's. The Remco Roto-Jet gun didn't even break ten bucks. Not the Johhny Five rifle either. And the Monkey Patrol helmet & rifle was also under that magic ten dollar number. This was a serious toy to be sure. And it was BIG!! How about some pics of restored tanks for old times's sake? ;)

Really looks great , Mark !!

I forgot all about the LIO bots...I actually made one, now what did I do with the little bugger ???

Again, Great Job ... You really brought this guy to life !!!! :)

Wow, things went to H**LL here fast. I'm winding down a bit before the ride home. Morbius I will gladly give you some of my adventures !! MMM I'm glad to see you back in a competitive spirit ! Your going to have some time on your hands after a valve job and this will keep ya busy !! Go for it. OK, what did I use for the inside. well I wanted to use copper tubing, but copper is out of sight right now. I used up all the tubing from the freezer. So as I was leaving the house I saw just what I needed !! I cut down Teonia's Clothesline and put it in my pocket . Wrapped it around a 2qt jug and painted it. I'm stopping at Waljunk and pick up another one one the way home. Pat,,,,,,,,,I too always wanted the Bulldog but it was way too much. Never got one. But I do still have my Fat cat and Tiger Cat. Now,, I have done so many restorations and modifications . Sold most of them to private collectors. They are all numbered and signed. I even sold one to an Israeli [shall we say] Gun Trader. We had some great conversations and he offered me some nice pieces. But I don't have the $200.00 license B) I'll dig up some of the tanks after I hang the clothesline . That should be about 0330 this morning..................JEEEEZEE !!! OH PETE's .. :wacko:

post-545-1215849980.jpgpost-545-1215850072.jpgpost-545-1215850090.jpgpost-545-1215850104.jpgpost-545-1215850134.jpgpost-545-1215850226.jpgpost-545-1215850249.jpgHere ya go Pat. Try this link. Kilroy has some great stuff !! And My mint Bulldog is in there.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...44&hl=remco

Here also is a Panzer Mark IV conversion I did back in 2001 for a Collector. All Bulldog stuff. Thats a scratch built MG34 machine Gun. Great weapon . Very versatile.

Oh yeah, I do Doepke restorations also. The Remco stuff is my first love. When all the guys come over,,,, I'm like,,,, hey look at my Remco Stuff !! Nobody cares. They all want to see the Japanese and German toys . Thats fine,,,,,,,,but hey !!!! We built some GREAT toys here. Really great toys. Every boy wants a Remco Toy,,,,and Girls too !! I even have original 16mm Remco commercials. The original ones. I can't play them. Don't have a 16mm projector. I wish someone could put a film to DVD for me. Anyhow , after we fix the Astronaut , I'll build you a mint projectile firing Bulldog tank. They even eject the shell casings !!! PS be sure to click on that link. ....... It will make you happy. 😄 Going to bed ... Need a nap for a little bit. 😉

post-545-1215849980.jpg

post-545-1215850072.jpg

post-545-1215850090.jpg

post-545-1215850104.jpg

post-545-1215850134.jpg

post-545-1215850226.jpg

post-545-1215850249.jpg

Ha ha, I love it, Mark!

My older brother had a Bulldog tank. We used to build block forts fortified with a battalion of green army men. After a few pot shots with the gun, we would then charge the tank at the fort. We didn't take any prisoners. ;)

Archived