1977 Ideal Toy Raygun Any Information Help?

**robotiques**

I got this item from a seller that said he got it from a sale of movie theater items, and said they had them to give out to the ushers for the promo of some movie opening at the time but could not remember what movie. It is a flashlight in a raygun shape and is marked ©1977 Ideal Toy Toy Corp Hollis N.Y.. It has the Ideal logo on the handle.

The only thing I could think of was the Star Wars movie, and had enough budget to send these to the theatres. That's my guess. I've Googled it, and checked a lot of SciFi & Raygun sites, but could find nothing. Any help to ID this one would be great.

post-733-1215434776.jpg

Hi Robotiques - welcome to the forum. :)

I have seen this gun before but unfortunately I can't tell you what it's called. I want to say it's part of a space exploration set or something but I'm not positive.

It is possible that these toys weren't originally manufactured as a tie-in to any particular film but a theater or theater chain could have bought a quantity of these guns to giveaway as a promotion on their own. Just a thought.

Archived