Arliss Flashray Set

Tinman

This was the first time I saw this set and thought the auction would have brought more, selling for only $82.00. Hope the good deal was had by someone on Alphadrome!

post-329-1215390528.jpg

post-329-1215390534.jpg

post-329-1215390541.jpg

Yep. Or something like that...

I've seen a few mint-on-card singles pop up. One gun, two darts. Similar packaging as you'd find with the flashlight version of the gun.

The double set is much less common. I've seen a few others over the years, but really, finding them all boxed up like this is a pretty tough accomplishment. Prices tend to be all over the place, too, if I remember. Can't say for certain what they've gone for in the past, but I know that, upon seeing the ending price for a couple different ones, I've thought to myself both "Wow, that was low!" and "Wow that was high!"

It's hard to set a value on a toy that comes up so rarely... But, empirically speaking, $82 isn't particularly expensive for two nice ray guns, all the darts, and the packaging. I'd call it a great pick up! :)

It's too bad Arliss didn't market these guns with more of a space theme. The guns themselves are really cool and spacey but the packaging is pretty generic in my opinion. Just doesn't do it for me.

Come to think of it the box for the Arliss Bubble Gun (one of the top holy grails of space guns) isn't spacey at all either - although I'd sell a kidney for nice one!!

post-143-1215575127.jpg

Archived