Robotz11's (allison) Collection

robotz11

Max: Yes, that Wall-e banner is huge. I think around 8 to 10 feet or so. Don't know how the heck I'll display it one of these days, but I hope I can! Took me forever to get on here because I didn't know there was such a board for it. I'm not a big fan of forums anyway, but this one looked like a great one to join just for all the info on the older bots you have up on it.

Don: Glad you got your package :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allison, Tell me about that maximilian. He is my favorite evil robot and a few of us would like to build a larger version of this badboy. Who made it? How big is it? Will you lease him to me for a project..........just kidding !! :P I like your whole house, the way it has a complete overtone of bots and space !!! I think I see a new Botstock participant. ;)

Nice collection , Allison! I too, like the black hole robots. It's great to be able to see robots in every room.

By the way, my son-in-law graduated from Berkley in Boston and teaches guitar. he has a web site for the guitar instruction he produces and sells there, on ebay and other locations. Here's a link to ChrisRupp.com.

CHRIS RUPP LINK

Allison, you're a terrific model builder, daughter Altaira is one as well. Good to see it's a hobby that's still alive and well.

I still have that 1979 MPC Max tucked away somewhere...

hi allison you live niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

here in our house its the opposite,

my robots in one corner and the rest of the house full of squeeking dolls, barbapapas, bumba-loos, teletubbies, plastic ducks :o :o :o everywhere you look

(we have a little 1year old girl who loves the spread her toys around the house)

martijn:

Soon your little girl will seek out and......PLAY with the 'bots!!! :o ;) *Altaira has always loved 'em. Note the similar expressions on this old pic.

Actually, about the MAXIMILLIAN Robot, I just recalled that I saw him at MGM Disney in 1991 or '92 in the backlot stores kind of shoved away...he was BIG!

post-298-1215130685.jpg

So, about Maxamillian:

I bought him off of eBay years and years ago. Sorry Morbius, that is not my handy work when it comes to model building. Whomever did it did a very nice job, though one of his weapons is broken. I am hoping to try my luck at either building my Robby or B-9 (Thanks Steve!!!) this winter. I may be asking your daughter for some tips!

If I knew how, I would *try* to build a giant Max, but I wouldn't even know where to start. Eagle, if you ever want to borrow his to take measurement, you are more than welcome! :)

Speaking of Max model kits, here's one that just ended on eBay :o

Max model kit

Allison,,,,if you only knew what was in the works for Max right now ! A big Max ! Thats all I can tell you, but it will not be cheap ! About 8 grand and I'm not building it ! For my own project I would love to have him for a weekend,,, just for photo's and measurements ! However , not too soon. I'm backed up with stuff !!! Thanks Allison !

• 3 months later...

Long time no type, everyone. I've been nonstop busy since July, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it! It's been so long since I've been on here I even forgot my password! :rolleyes:

Anyway, since July, this has been my only pick-up worth mentioning. (Minus every Wall-e toy I could get my hand on around town.) Got it for a great price through DC Direct. Comes with nice blueprints. It's super heavy and worth every cent I paid for him. Now I just need to get a display box so he doesn't get all dusty.

post-727-1225168562.jpg

Next big robot purchase is the Ultimate Wall-e remote control. That is if the release date ever stops being pushed back. :angry:

Long time no type, everyone. I've been nonstop busy since July, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it! It's been so long since I've been on here I even forgot my password! :rolleyes:

Anyway, since July, this has been my only pick-up worth mentioning. (Minus every Wall-e toy I could get my hand on around town.) Got it for a great price through DC Direct. Comes with nice blueprints. It's super heavy and worth every cent I paid for him. Now I just need to get a display box so he doesn't get all dusty.

post-727-1225168562.jpg

Next big robot purchase is the Ultimate Wall-e remote control. That is if the release date ever stops being pushed back. :angry:

Hi Allison, i love your pink and green robot paint.

• 6 months later...

Went to Ikea today to FINALLY pick up some Detolf cases. (ever see a 125lb woman try to lift a large 90lb box by herself? Yes, it can be done! Somewhat...) Anyway, got both up in an hour and have most of the bots together. I need one more to complete everything I want to do, but that'll come next month.

Now, here's a question for those who have these: What kind of lighting do you use for these? I will post more pictures later when I'm fully awake :blink:

post-727-1243834544.jpg

Wow, a girl who collects robots...*sigh*, where have you been all my life? Seriously though, verrrry nice stuff, I see a few familiar faces. I love the total robot environment you've created, soup to nuts, I like that! Yes, and the signs are neat, I particularly like the wipe-off board, as well as the robot cabinet. It's a breath of fresh air that's for sure, thanks for sharing.

Archived