Robotz11's (allison) Collection

robotz11

Taking picture of them was the best excuse for me to dust off and play with my 'bots than to show them off. I don't have a gazillion, but I love them all the same 🙂 Nor do I have a nice display for all of them (IKEA is SO calling my name!). I litterly have robots stashed in cupboards of my kitchen. But these are just some of the more congragated cuties around the house.

This is the offical robot corner:

post-727-1214379010.jpg

post-727-1214379094.jpg

The picture is a animation cel from an anime called Robot Carnival. I have four more of these with different robots on them, but this is my favorite.

post-727-1214379143.jpg12.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The music room:

post-727-1214379479.jpg

I still have the price tag on the Iron Giant. I paid a whopping $12.99 for him at Big Lots! 🙂 Also, to the right of him is a Super Toy Teddy talking bear from the movie A.I. I recently just sold my second one to someone in Germany. Push on his belly and he talks....a lot. And he doesn't say the same twice very often.

post-727-1214379553.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Random bots and things:

My awesome magnetic board I got for Christmas one year. It's super big and quite heavy, that's why it's not mounted up on a wall. They had these and a whole robot room for kids at Bombay Kids. (Excuse the fact that my vinyl plotter is covering up the bottom of it)

post-727-1214379715.jpg

Robby's and B-9's:

post-727-1214379870.jpg

A Black Hole purse/bookbag and my Black Hole bots (one of these days I will buy a better looking pair)

post-727-1214379953.jpg

post-727-1214379988.jpg

The red guy I've had since I was a little. The white guy is my ice crusher that is more of a prop than functional item. Excuse the dust.

post-727-1214461541.jpg

Thanks for the great pics of the collection!

You're right on with the idea to collect items that truly make you happy and keep the collecting FUN! Robby and B-9 are the epitomy of robot collecting and I see you're well on your way to establishing a great collection (well, it already IS). The posters are a great touch. I once had an original insert for TOBOR the Great but traded it for a 'bot many years ago, kinda wish I'd kept it now.

As for your display of these guys I think it's great. Everyone has a unique display style, everyone's different and they're all wonderful. Those IKEA cabinets are calling my name too but something always pushes 'em down the list like .....LIFE! 😄

Let's see now, robots AND model kits....what more could one ask for??? 😉

Very nice! Lots of variety, both old-style and new. Makes for a nice looking display.

Speaking of... What are those black shelves next to the cardboard robot display in the first pic? I like the way the toys look on it, and the uneven spacing of the shelves keeps it sort of organic and loose.

(Oh, and is the vinyl plotter for making stickers? Where'd you get it, and does it work well when doing runs of, say, 50 or so? Does it make sense on an economic level, in terms of ink and the vinyl sticker material? Compared to companies that'll knock them out in batches of 200 or so, I mean...)

Brian,

I bought that black shelving unit years ago at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's metal, and you can move the shelves up and down depending on how much space you need. Comes with a nice, heavy and sturdy bottom so it won't tip over.

I'll PM you later tonight about the plotter (it's AMAZING!)

Hmmm... Guess the "Beyond" part means "Robots." I'd never have guessed... ;)

But I'll look into it. I've a few other, non-robot, collectibles that desperately need a home, and that might be a good option (if they still make it).

R 11,,,,,,,,,,,You truly are a robot nut like the rest of us here ,,,love the way you have let the robots take over the whole house a bit like I do in my own house much to the wifes dispare :( ;) I particulary like the robot cupboard you have in the bedroom and nice to see you have one of the Russian [red] robots a personal favourite of mine.............

I REALLY love your collection robotz11! I really like V.I.N.C.E.N.T.! I think he's cool! :D You have a great collection!

Movie theater banners. I have the Robots banner, standee and the Iron Giant standee in storage:

post-727-1214461068.jpg

My parents stole these from me and put them on their storage shed.... :glare:

post-727-1214461128.jpg

post-727-1214461155.jpg009.JPGcutoutrobot.JPGfuelman.JPG

The Kitchen:

After the parental units took my signs, they had this one made for me haha

post-727-1214461367.jpg001.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG007.JPG

post-727-1214461391.jpg

post-727-1214461410.jpg

post-727-1214461461.jpg

I need my own M-O from WallE to clean up my mess

post-727-1214461945.jpg

Great collection, Allison!

I am happy to see that the Iron Giant is well represented ;)

That magentic board and those signs are some great pieces, and that Wall-E banner must be HUGE!

Clearly, you've been a robot collector for a long time -- what took you so long to jump in here at Alphadrome?

Well, the important thing is that you did :)

Hey man.

love the collection.

i have always love Disneys "The Black hole " robots and am searching for them to add to my collection.

All my robots are now consolidated into a mega cabinet i bought because my flatmates were getting sick of living in a toy shop, Ha.

keep it up man !!!!

Wow! You are the robot girl aren't you? ;) You've got some neat pieces there Allison.

BTW, I got the package - THANKS!!!!

Archived