Saucer X3

amoebaboy

fabricated from scratch, hammered steel sheet left over from welding the car, it has a colour changing led light underneath and plain white one in the cabin.

the antena rotates at a rate of about one revolution every ten seconds.

the antenna motor and colour change led,s come from a cheap and nasty rotating display stand bought from a local pound shop 'dollar store to my american friends'

build time it took about 4 days in all and a lot of that was fiddling about with electrics

just a prototype of things to come really there are a few things im not happy with but il sort them out next time.

im now looking for one of those big earings with a metal ball on for the antenna.

post-699-1213808277.jpg

post-699-1213808259.jpg

Very nice! You really captured that classic 1950's look. I especially like the first shot because the lighting makes the saucer look copper or bronze, and that contrasts perfectly with the white cabin light.

Very nice! You really captured that classic 1950's look. I especially like the first shot because the lighting makes the saucer look copper or bronze, and that contrasts perfectly with the white cabin light.

i shall be doing some as desk lamps in copper or brass its a lot easier to work with

Love it AB! With just a little imagination I have the impression of the saucer taking off extremely fast from a rocky moon.

The black and white 50s effect is excellent! I would love that in my collection. :D

Nice clean lines! When do the production models come out?

difficult to say, i need money to buy materials, im more than a bit broke at the moment.

i have an interview for a job tomorrow so fingers crossed.

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you use an English wheel for the saucer body? What is the cockpit made from? How is the cockpit attached to the main body ? :)

AB,,,,,,,,,,With the copper effect and the light I think the whole thing works brilliantly as either an ornament or even a background light,,as ER&son said,,When can we buy it in the shops ;)

AB,,,,,,,,,,With the copper effect and the light I think the whole thing works brilliantly as either an ornament or even a background light,,as ER&son said,,When can we buy it in the shops ;)

This is pure art deco, looks so stylish,put me down for a couple and good luck with the job!

noel.

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you use an English wheel for the saucer body? What is the cockpit made from? How is the cockpit attached to the main body ? :)

English wheel ! i so wish i had one of those, its all done with hammers on a wooden stump, the cockpit is made the same with dremell'd out windows.

the cockpit is bolted on you can just see them,

I love my shaping stump !!!!!!!! So much better than a beater bag. I'm making a 24" stump. That ought to be fun getting down into the basement. The wheel makes short work of getting out the kinks. Does the Saucer have a bottom the same as the top?

A.B. , that is one beautiful saucerl !!

I was sitting here earlier looking at the pic, when Machel walked

in and said " How cool ... Where do we get one ? "

Looks like I'm on the waiting list too, if SHE wants me to buy

a saucer, then who am I to stand in the way ?? :lol:

BTW, how about a desk lamp version, with 2 or 3 superbright LEDs underneath ?

I love my shaping stump !!!!!!!! So much better than a beater bag. I'm making a 24" stump. That ought to be fun getting down into the basement. The wheel makes short work of getting out the kinks. Does the Saucer have a bottom the same as the top?

yes, the bottom is the same profile as the top, but with a mesh hole in the middle with a difuser

Archived