Robot House Marker

robothunter

I kind of cheated since I didn't build the original robot, but I did weld him to an 18" round steel plate that I gave a brushed finish to ( I tried to jewel it, but it didn't look very good) and fastened it to the tree stump outside the backdoor at the end of the driveway which is the door eveyone uses to come into the house. We have a very long driveway, so from the street I doubt anyone will notice or realize what it is, but that's cool. The next one will be much larger and I think Robby inspired! So what do you guys think..............?

post-36-1212178026.jpg

post-36-1212178045.jpg

He's jointed at the hips and neck so you can pose him anyway you want and I gave him several sprayings of clearcoat to protect him the harsh winters we have up here. A special thanks to both Mark and Phil for the inspiration to start this project! Thanks guys! ;)

Very cool, Pat. Who built the bot?

I wish I knew, Andy! It was one of the very first robots I ever bought on eBay many years ago and back then, for me anyway, it was a big eBay purchase at about $200.00 if I remember correctly. But it's not signed and I don't remember the seller as being the artist. He's a real beauty with a circuit box for the main body that opens and fully jointed with ball bearings so the arms, neck, and hips all turn smooth as glass. And about two feet tall. But he never did stand up well and would fall over a lot. So this has solved that problem for good! LOL! :D

I like it! And it's definitely an appropriate way for a RobotHunter to welcome visitors to his home :D

• 2 weeks later...

How the heck did I miss this posting ??? :unsure: This guy is soo Coooool. Great weld job Pat. Mig or Stick ? Looks like Mig. No slag. Things must be going a lot better . :D

Great robot scupture Pat,,,I love these 'Outdoor' robot projects,,,,,,,,,,I think that's the way I will have to go soon the way the robots are taking over the inside of my house :blink: :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Great looking robot Pat ! Point the gun towards trespassers LOL

Winterize him like my dad does his fig tree

wrap him in a tarp or take an empty 5 gallon

bucket place it over his head & wrap the lower part

when the weather turns nasty

Clever use of a stump BTW , I usually get snookers to grind them out

Archived