Mr. Modern Robot Has A Message .

robothut

Poor lighting on these two pictures, but you get the idea.

To get the actions I used a modified servo in the head for the two scanner rings. Then I defeated the walk / stop action in the main gear box. also I changed the gear box so that the can / lever that would normaly be used for the smoking robot flashing eyes and smoker bellows to operate all the time and to operate in a ramp up ram down action. I then used this lever to control the rocker arm that controls the two pistons. Also this lever controls the dome light flashing.

post-7-1211518049.jpg

post-7-1211518076.jpg

Cool , John ! Why don't you build a Customiser Robot & let him do the hard work on all the conversions :) ?

& whatcha do with the skirt, are you planning a scot warrior, a Braveheart Robot :D ??

9tobor9, you just read my mind you sly one!

Aye....."SCOTCH-BOT" or "RADICAL SCOTSMAN' OR "CHIEF SCOTTY 'BOT" or "MARCHING SCOTCHMAN" or "ENGINEERING CHIEF SCOTTY" complete with plaid skirt and a sound-chip of the 'pipes' as he marches around???

BTW, this is a very very nice piece (of course). Smooth moving and a pleasure to watch. :D

Have him say...."I'm your RRRRRADICAL RRRRROBOT and I'm a here ta play ya a toon Laddie"!!! Just be sure he rrrrrolls them R's just rrrright! :lol:

And don't ye ferget to paint th plaid on the skirt, aye!

John, you'd better use an original beater 'bot for this one....he gotta be aged at least 7 years to be a real Scotch!!

@ @

===

ps: we still don't know what tulips wear under there! Bart, where's Bart??? Miss your posts man. B)

C'mon Morb ! Tulips wear double underpants so they can sell the spare one to the Mr BeamMeUp Robot if they meet him !!! It's common knowledge !!!

Oz it was a robot that I got from Pat K. one of the robots that got wet in his basment flood. There were so many smoker variations that I do not recall all there names but it was the one that had a round "Atomic robot Man" type head. It just seemed like I had all these Chief robot man head parts laying around from all the conversions so I thought maybe I should put one of the heads on a smoker. I also wanted to see if I could keep the scanners spinning on a different robot body, and lastly the use of the smoker bellows mechanics to operate something totaly different.

Since I just called the last custom robot AWESOME, I'll call this one AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, as always............ ;)

Archived