Karris Collection As Of May 2008

robothunter

A lot of you have made some light hearted jokes recently referring to exactly what in the world is it that Pat's going to be collecting now that he's gotten cured of his Robby addiction. And to tell you the truth, I'm still not even sure myself! LOL! But I thought I would post a few photos of what the robot room as it looks like these days so you can get a sense of what's been going on. As some might know, I did sell a lot of vintage tin to Al Rosen and I have to tell you that a more plesant, honest, easy to work with guy you will never meet. Al is a real character and a pleasure to so business with. But since I also had John Rigg make me copies of almost every single rare Robby toy I ever had, the showcase looks almost exactly the same! Except I've got a lot more play money in my pocket to start over! So thanks Al!

And you'll also notice there is the addition of just about every reproduction tin robot ever made in there as well. The shelf next to the all glass showcase still holds all my beloved Robbby & B-9 model kits (of which I've only sold a few so far) and the closet holds all of John's Special custom projects for me as well as various BotStock swag. The very last photo is of things that so far I'm pretty sure I'm going to be selling. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell off the entire Lost In Space collection including one of the life-sized robots. So anyway, here's where we are as of today and as for tomorrow.....astronauts & space toys, ray guns, or maybe movie props...still not sure. But that's the fun of the hunt, isn't it?... 😉

overview.JPGshowcasefront.JPGshowcaseside.JPGtop.JPGmiddle.JPGbottom.JPGmodels.JPGtotalcloset.JPGclosetleft.JPGclosetright.JPGclosettop.JPGselling.JPG

post-36-1210528316.jpg

post-36-1210528335.jpg

post-36-1210528352.jpg

post-36-1210528372.jpg

post-36-1210528387.jpg

post-36-1210528404.jpg

post-36-1210528420.jpg

post-36-1210528438.jpg

post-36-1210528458.jpg

post-36-1210528473.jpg

post-36-1210528490.jpg

post-36-1210528504.jpg

From the looks of that collection,,,, What did you sell ?????? Some Hanna Barbara stuff !! :D :P I think you need a yard sale. ;)

Still seems like alot of bots to me -he he!!! I'm very curious to see what direction you finally decide to settle into!!! The Rigg repro's are amazing. Your still the 'RobotHunter'!!!

The one very smart thing I did this time was to have John make me a reproduction of almost every rare Robby toy I had so that if and when the day came that I either decided to, or had to, sell off the rare toys I would still have reproductions to admire. So at first glance, it simply looks like I've crammed a lot more robots into that glass showcase rather than have sold most of them to Al Rosen!

And as for what comes next, I really still can't say. I've had a blast buying new repro's from RobotIsland, MetalHouse, and Atom Morikami. So for now, "New Age Reproductions" are what's keeping me in the game as it were. And these are some just beautiful robots. But I would love to see more reproductions of the real classics come along now. Who wouldn't love to add a Diamond Planet Robot or a Yonezawa Jupiter Robot without having to take out a second mortgage on the old homestead!

I'm watching over 30 auctions on eBay right now but just can't seem to pull the trigger on any of them. Truth is, I've done the astronauts & space toys, the Skirted Robots (including the Gang of Four, back in my day), mostly all the Horikawas, and most of all the Movie & TV robots including full sized R2-D2, C-3PO, and various Terminator body parts.

I might actually, and I can't beleive I'm about to say this, be finally done with robots. Love and keep the core peices I have, but sell some off some of the smaller peices and simply bring it down to a single showcase of my top reproductions and the three wall units of John Rigg projects. And the three big guys. Although I would happily sell one of the LIS B-9's as well.

Maybe get a blowtourch and try my hand at robot sculpture..................... :lol: It would be something new! LOL!!!

RH, What was the first robot you bought? Did you keep him? Where did you buy him? What was the last robot you bought? Where did you buy him? Your collection still looks fine from here. I think after a couple of years, things change, we grow older. What attracted us no longer holds our attention. Well it still holds our attention but not with the intensitiy as it once did. Have fun in whatever your new venture is. Keep us posted, festival

he one very smart thing I did this time was to have John make me a reproduction of almost every rare Robby toy I had so that if and when the day came that I either decided to, or had to, sell off the rare toys I would still have reproductions to admire. So at first glance, it simply looks like I've crammed a lot more robots into that glass showcase rather than have sold most of them to Al Rosen!

And as for what comes next, I really still can't say. I've had a blast buying new repro's from RobotIsland, MetalHouse, and Atom Morikami. So for now, "New Age Reproductions" are what's keeping me in the game as it were. And these are some just beautiful robots. But I would love to see more reproductions of the real classics come along now. Who wouldn't love to add a Diamond Planet Robot or a Yonezawa Jupiter Robot without having to take out a second mortgage on the old homestead!

Yeah Yeah Yeah .......Do Ya want to go Fishing !!!!!!!!

Still looks like you've been doing nothing but buying for years Pat!!

What about the battery op Planet Robots? Any of those vintage? Or are those Rigg creations?

Nice to see that you still have a room crammed full of robots to escape into. :D

Pat sells off half of his collection and it's still bigger than mine! ;)

Nice to see a pic of Regal and the gang again.

Pat,,,,,,,,It looks to me like you are an incurable ROBOT HUNTER ;) You know whatever other direction you take it was the robots that got you in the first place..[ and got you to make a lot of good friends ],,,some you've seen personaly ,,and some like me the other side of the pond..Allways good to see your collection. :)

RH, What was the first robot you bought? It was a Billiken Robby the Robot wind-up.

Did you keep him? Yes!

Where did you buy him? At a shop on Houston Street called Alphaville. Which, as far as I know, is maybe the very last vintage toy store still open in NYC!

What was the last robot you bought? A slew of reproduction robots including guys like Smoking Spaceman, Rosko Astronaut, Chief Robot Man, etc.

Where did you buy him? From Jay at Robot Island.

Your collection still looks fine from here. I think after a couple of years, things change, we grow older. What attracted us no longer holds our attention. Well it still holds our attention but not with the intensitiy as it once did. Have fun in whatever your new venture is. Keep us posted, festival Thanks for the good Karma and I will always be in the scene in one way or another. Maybe it's time I became a dealer full time? Then I could play with all sorts of robots all the time! LOL! ;)

Still looks like you've been doing nothing but buying for years Pat!!

What about the battery op Planet Robots? Any of those vintage? Or are those Rigg creations?

Nice to see that you still have a room crammed full of robots to escape into. :D

Everything in that all glass showcase is a reproduction. Either made by a commercial company like HA-HA or Osaka Tin Toy Institute, or special custom jobs done by John Rigg like the battery-operated Planets and Robby Steamroller as examples. And in most cases, John's stuff is better! ;)

My first toy was the Billiken W/U ROBBY as well. Bought him at WOUND & WOUND on Melrose. Had him for about a week before the 1993 Northridge Earthquake hit. Seem to remember it was a 6.8 magnitude. I was thrown out of bed as it was early morning, my water heater tore away from the wall and Robby fell to the floor causing his dome to splinter and his leg to bend. Thinking the original maker could fix it, I took a chance on contacting someone in Japan. The number I got could have been for Billiken soap for all I know, but speaking broken English, I was able to get an address from him. I mailed the toy off but to date have gotten nothing back.

You'd think this might have ended my dreams of a robot room, but it only made me more determined.

Wonder where he is now? :closedeyes:

Thanks for the update and the photos, Pat. You still have one of the most impressive collections ever!

By the way, do you have the chrome version of the big OTTI Robby the Robot? (The one that was limited to 24 US/24 Japan)

I had one, but sold it years ago when money was particularly tight, and have regretted doing so ever since.

Thanks for the update and the photos, Pat. You still have one of the most impressive collections ever!

By the way, do you have the chrome version of the big OTTI Robby the Robot? (The one that was limited to 24 US/24 Japan)

I had one, but sold it years ago when money was particularly tight, and have regretted doing so ever since.

Maxpower - Do you mean the chrome Mechanized Robot, or the Chrome Robby The Robot that was done for OTTI by Ray Rohr? I don't have the Mechanized Robot, but do have the Chrome Robby. Alomng with the matching dull gunmetal, glossy gunmetal, and metallic silver. All with matching serial numbers and all for sale. So which is it you're looking for?

And YES, to answer all the countless emails I've been geeting...EVERYTHING is for sale. EVERYTHING! So first come, first served. This weekend will be all abour ebay listings...... ;)

Maxpower - Do you mean the chrome Mechanized Robot, or the Chrome Robby The Robot that was done for OTTI by Ray Rohr? I don't have the Mechanized Robot, but do have the Chrome Robby. Alomng with the matching dull gunmetal, glossy gunmetal, and metallic silver. All with matching serial numbers and all for sale. So which is it you're looking for?

And YES, to answer all the countless emails I've been geeting...EVERYTHING is for sale. EVERYTHING! So first come, first served. This weekend will be all abour ebay listings...... ;)

Funny, I can't get the edit function to work anymore.... :huh:

Archived