The Andyman Collection

Andyman

Great Stuff Andy !

Is that the Knucklbonz Page , Hendrix ect ?

If so I got the Page & Keith Emerson

How can you skip Keith with that giant Moog !!??

It's almost ...Robotic ;)

I need to get their Marshall Amp & Hendrix next

BTW..does that happen to be the McFarlane Sentinel ??

If so ...I give you credit for opening it

looked too daunting for me

Big Piece stretched out !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehhh......The shelves look great......the eclectic collection looks better.......but the desk......WHERE's the MESS????????

You know for an Evil Robotic Scientist who plans on world domination with his robotic minions your desk is a little to cleaned up!!!

O.K. who are you and what have you done with the real ANDYMAN? We here know the clown hate'n guy we've all come to love, so what gives?

Explain yourself???? A clean desk is not the sign of an Evil Scientist......more like just another sick mind, and I for one know that your better than that!

Where's the real work area? is it down in the darkend basement? is it behind one of those hidden panels on the wall? or is it you've hidden the real Andy and have taken over?

In any case, I do like your collection Andyman! ;)

Oh by the way do you need some old erector stuff I have here? I thought only you could use stuff like this for your BOTS, being metal and all? Let me know, O.K.?

Keep building those Bots!!!

Love ya man!

MMM

Well done Andy! Seeing all these collections is helping me keep on track in completing my display room. I still have a long way to go but I'm making progress. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks again guys.

Oz, all the music figs are McFarlane except Page which is from NECA. I'm not familiar with Knucklbonz. Keith Emerson? I'm a big fan. Need to find that one. And yes, that is McFarlane's Sentinel from The Matrix. How can you not open that puppy up and display it? ;)

3M, the interesting thing about my collection room pics is what you don't see and that is the "other" side of the room. Trust me, it was a pig sty worthy of a mad scientist. Since then I installed some industrial looking cabinets with a workbench top that runs the whole length of the wall. I'll have to get pictures of that for ya.

Oz, all the music figs are McFarlane except Page which is from NECA. I'm not familiar with Knucklbonz. Keith Emerson? I'm a big fan. Need to find that one. And yes, that is McFarlane's Sentinel from The Matrix. How can you not open that puppy up and display it? ;)

I was wrong , my page figure is different , I was checking out the Mcfarlane Page on ebay

anyway here is Knucklebonz

Knucklebonz

keithemersonproduct.jpg

jimmypageblack.jpg

In 5 years or so I'll probably redo my robot office so that's my excuse for keeping everything boxed

my closets are packed to the gills w/newer stuff , the batteries will probably corrode before

I open them :(

But that sentinal in particular has like 2 million ties around it :glare:

Well I cheated and used this invention called "wire cutters" on them there 2 million twisty ties. Once freed, Sentinel was not designed to go back into it's box by any way fathomable. ;)

And ooooh....I like that Emerson!

Andy, I'm impressed. You have my kind of collection, anything and everything! Love the work on the figures and display. My professional guitar playing son-in-law would love those. I think I'll download the photos and send them to him. :D

• 9 years later...

Wow, it's been a long, long time since I've updated my collection pics. Well, first off...my studio/collection room has changed dramatically since those last photos. We had a flood in our lower level a few years ago which gave me the opportunity to revamp my room. Now I have these 2 huge Ikea cabinets that I use to display my wares. It didn't take long to fill them inside and out. At least half of my collection is stored in my crawlspace. May have to cull the herd someday.

Cabinet 02 sm.jpg

Here are the other walls in my room. You'll notice I'm avoiding showing my messy workshop area.

Wall 01 sm.jpgWall 02 sm.jpg

I have surprises in every nook & cranny.

Wall 03 sm.jpgPosters 01 sm.jpg

I even have some interesting creatures hanging around my Phaser Cabinet.

Phaser Cabinet 01 sm.jpg

Some new acquisitions include this nifty nickle plated Hubley Atomic Desintegrator I scored from Richard (Big Bang) at Botstock XIII. This has been one of my grails for a long time.

Atomic Disintegrator 03 sm.jpg

I was foolish in not buying the box from him at the time but I quickly came to my senses and purchased it post Botstock.

Atomic Disintegrator 01 sm.jpg

This baby has never been fired and is clean through and through.

Atomic Disintegrator 02 sm.jpg

Another Botstock XIII score was this Robert the Robot with box (1955, ver 2).

Robert 01 sm.jpg

Of course I've seemed to have accumulated quite a few of John Rigg's Alphabots from over the years.

Alphabots 01 sm.jpg

This particular one was a kit form of John's very first Alphabot with tin box and artwork supplied by me.

Alphabots 02 sm.jpg

Speaking of Mr. Rigg's work, this one is still one of my favorites. Robot Comando Jr. Stunning box artwork by our own Ken Netzel.

RC jr.jpg

Here's a neat one off prototype from John, Speedy Delivery Robot. Featuring actual knee bending walking action. This was a very kind gift from Mr. Rigg way back in 2007. I Believe he made an improved version with all metal legs for somebody. I was so proud of it that I made a box with custom art work for it.

Speedy 01 sm.jpg

Andy, thanks for bringing this post back up.  So much interesting stuff to see and all beautifully laid out it's stunning.  I could live there...love it all!

Archived