Scott's Collection

SarasotaRobby

I'm also a big fan of the rocket base toy thing that's on the bottom shelf of your right cabinet. It's such a cool, futuristic design. If I had a place to display it, I'd probably pick one up... One day... sigh...

Anyway, it's a really great collection.

Thanks for the kind words. The Deluxe Reading Operation X-500 space playset is one of my favorite toys too. It is a real tour de force of classic early space imagery and movable parts...everything you could want in one toy! You get gantries, working elevator and crane, a missle launch control panel with tons of thingys to move around, astronauts, monkeys and dogs (reenact Laika's flight!) to go in the capsule. All rolled up in a toy with a launch spring sufficiently strong to do heavy damage to the popcorn ceilings of the period.

And the styling on the gantry itself is amazing.

I'll try and get it out this weekend to snap an image of it. I owe Pat an image of my robots all lit up too....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The daughter is gone to the grandparents for the weekend, so wifey and me are alone..... Hehe, time to turn the lights down low.... play some good tunes, and...... set up my Lost In Space Switch N Go set!!

I got the Lost In Space Switch N Go set in 1966 for Christmas. Man was that a cool toy. I am sure I ripped the box apart getting it out. My brother got the Switch N Go Battle tank set. The chassis were interchangeable for the tanks and chariot, we discovered. The Chariot and figures from the LIS set were the best. The Jupiter 2 was a bit disappointing, being thin styrofoam, and I don't think it lasted very long, but I kept the Chariot and all the figures intact and still have them, but the driving mechanism was gone from the Chariot. Years later I found the Battle tank set for cheap, and bought it for the track parts and the chassis, so my Chariot was on the road again. Later I got a good deal on a nearly complete set with the styro J2. Seeing it all together brought back a flood of memories. It was fun to set up again, but I dared not leave it too long on the floor. After a night out, everything is back up under protective plexi cases.

post-704-1218367360.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A very entertaining video. You have a great mix in your collection. I love the way your collection is displayed. :D

Great collection and video. How large is your room or is it two rooms or is it a stadium? :lol:

Great collection and video. How large is your room or is it two rooms or is it a stadium? :lol:

It's really not all that big, 17X20, just really crammed with stuff, floor to ceiling......

• 2 months later...

Impressive collection ! :blink: :D

What is that pulp style space girl ?

whitebubblegirl.jpg

Looks like a Space Vixen, and i think i've already seen her somewhere... but can't remember... :blush:

Impressive collection ! :blink: :D

What is that pulp style space girl ?

whitebubblegirl.jpg

Looks like a Space Vixen, and i think i've already seen her somewhere... but can't remember... :blush:

That is Aurora from Cy Girls (Japanese). You might could still find her on ebay. She is in with the Robby's because her helmet and chest plate are directly taken from Robby's head, in homage I presume. I'll try and get a better shot of her. Noticed that Pat Karris had one in his cases for the same reason.

That is Aurora from Cy Girls (Japanese). You might could still find her on ebay. She is in with the Robby's because her helmet and chest plate are directly taken from Robby's head, in homage I presume. I'll try and get a better shot of her. Noticed that Pat Karris had one in his cases for the same reason.

Yes, I do! I remember finding this figure on a trip to one of my favorite stores back when I lived in NYC and used to go to Toy Tokyo on a regular basis. I was walking past the rows of large action figures when my Robby Robot Spidey Sence went off and told me there was an undiscovered Robby inspired figure on that shelf. I was quite surprised to find this sexy space chick in a skin tight suit with a helmet and chect panel directly styled from the details of my favorite robot. That made her a must have for the collection. ;)

• 1 month later...

So as not to hijack my own Moonliner thread in off topic, here is a a better shot of the space curtains folks mentioned in the background of my Moonliner shots....

post-704-1259258125.jpg

Archived