Alps Missile Robot

Nico

Hi dear robotslovers!

sorry for my very bad english but I do my best...

I have recently buy a missile robot from Alps but some electric connections are lost. I don't want to connect in a wrong place. Some pieces moves on the robot and I want to refix all in the good place.

Somebody have pictures form the inside for this very cool Alps robot to help me?

Thanks a lot!

Friendly

Nico (a another belgian robot collector after X-chris and the other...;o)))

Hello NICO - welcome to ALPHADROME! You are a lucky guy - when you have problems with the wires inside - only! Sorry I can't really remember - but I have those pictures from inside. The mechanic is most difficult - for pulling out the rockets. We had nearly everything together - the rockets with those tiny little springs that track the rockets out. The problem was the gear with the chain, that tracks the rockets back + some parts of the rockets are very fragile... I remember, that we refused in the end by trying to repair CLAUS's Missile Robot - we didn't want to damage something. The outside battery box you see in the pics was for testing purposes only. :wacko:

post-11-1208966294.jpg

post-11-1208966333.jpgMissile_1a.JPG

Missile_1b.JPG

Missile_1c.JPG

Missile_1d.JPG

Missile_1e.JPG

post-11-1208966343.jpg

post-11-1208966353.jpg

post-11-1208966363.jpg

Ho! thank you very much for this pictures! I have 2 major problem... my door is broken in the 2 attach (see pictures) -If somebody have a original door for me, I'm ready to buy it! And I think the motor is bloked... I think a part of the bloc missile is broken? (picture). As you tell : I'm lucky to find yours pictures! I go to compare yours pictures with my robot!

Thank you very much. If you have another pics, you can send it... It is very instructive for me! ;o))) Thanks one more time!

DSC03655.jpg

DSC03654.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

post-413-1208968634.jpg

post-413-1208968652.jpg

post-413-1208969276.jpg

Nico - I see your hinge is broken (both of them). This is easy to fix...simply make a piece out of a brass sheet that has the original shape (with the hole) and epoxy it to the broken parts. I have done this type of repair many times on broken plastic parts and it always works (so far)

Thank you veru much klotzm1,

I wondered exactly if I could (with the epoxy), to redo the missing part. I was afraid that it does not like on the plastic... How fix you the copper (brass sheet)? You redone all the detail or simply the missing piece? How do you fix it? Do you have picture of your job? Thank you veru much! If my robot can repair, wel he is ok, I put a picture on the topics, promised! (with bonus a picture of my collect.. ;o) Soory for my very bad english ;o))

Nico

• 7 years later...

Hello robot lovers!

I recently find this beautiful alps missile robot with box, in almost perfect condition but, one part missing...I don't know how to call it so I will post a picture of it, help please!! 

image.jpeg

The little red part is coverd by the plastic helmet and is were the Antena pin that make this robot on off switch goes... Mine is broken... 

Hi roboloco

it is the same part thats inside the head of the Alps television spaceman later version, with the bigger TV screen and red dish antenna. I don't know if this switch part has been reproduced, but if you lucky you find a junker tv spaceman

and guess what, your lucky I have one:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi roboloco

it is the same part thats inside the head of the Alps television spaceman later version, with the bigger TV screen and red dish antenna. I don't know if this switch part has been reproduced, but if you lucky you find a junker tv spaceman

and guess what, your lucky I have one:)

thanx for the advise! You r right already find it from a junker but the newer version with plastic legs and battery cover, the piece is perfect 

image.jpeg

I have another doubt, hope someone can help me... Anybody knows how to glue a gear? I will post a picture, here goes...

image.jpeg

Looks like your gear has split, common problem with many battery toys. Many places on-line to get replacements I'm sure, maybe best to replace with a tight brass one same size to avoid it happening again although there could be a reason why it is a nylon gear on there. (?)

There are expert toy mechanics on here who I'm sure will chime in and give you plenty of ideas of how to repair this.  J.R.?   Dirk?

Welcome to Alphadrome Roboloco.  Have fun!:thumbs:

If you can reach it you can take the little gear from your junker tv spaceman, but thats probably a brass one. Plenty white gears on ebay, it will be easy to shift over the axle, just gentle force needed:)

please some pictures when you finished! I love this robot!

Seeing as this is a valuable robot and to avoid  the possibility of having to open it up again, it might be a good idea to fit a high quality gear like this Tamiya reinforced  one, I have fitted them and they are seem to be a lot stronger than the white low cost ones, and appear to be the correct amount of teeth and shaft diameter.

Tamiya gear

Tamiya Gear.JPG