Amoebaboys Meagre Collection

amoebaboy

the only one you could call vintage is the big silver plastic one in the middle the rest are cheapies picked up here and there

post-699-1208452379.jpgrobots_shelf.jpg

Like your unusual collection. B)

Normally it´s impressive if a collector says that he bought 140 bots

in one year or that he now owns over 5000 items. But your collection

is impressive too because it has ripened over the years like good wine.

Funny thing I noticed on your photo is that R35 Robot is smaller than Liliput ;)

Like your unusual collection. B)

Normally it´s impressive if a collector says that he bought 140 bots

in one year or that he now owns over 5000 items. But your collection

is impressive too because it has ripened over the years like good wine.

Funny thing I noticed on your photo is that R35 Robot is smaller than Liliput ;)

mmmmmmmm wine mrs amoeba is french so theres no shortage of that in my house.

As regards the robot,its not a real R35 its a china wind up pin walker, i bought it from a guy in the german street market that comes to birmingham every year, there was no box or key so i only paid a few pounds for it.

I am what you might call a casual collector, picking things up now and then, my real passion is for creating things, robots tend to feature rather a lot.

Amoebaboy,,,,,,,,,They might be as you say 'cheapies' but they are still robots that you love to display,,it seems to me that's mainly what this hobby is all about,,so whether you carry on as you are or get the expensive bug of collecting vintage robots it's all good,, and as I said before you are in the right place here. :) BTW If you think it's a bit quite with the replys it goes a bit like that this time of the year ,,all the usual suspects are at Botstock ;)

Amoebaboy,,,,,,,,,They might be as you say 'cheapies' but they are still robots that you love to display,,it seems to me that's mainly what this hobby is all about,,so whether you carry on as you are or get the expensive bug of collecting vintage robots it's all good,, and as I said before you are in the right place here. :) BTW If you think it's a bit quite with the replys it goes a bit like that this time of the year ,,all the usual suspects are at Botstock ;)

they certainly seem to be having a fine time out there, lets hope they don't activate too many robots at the same time, we could end up with a full scale robot rampage.

AB, It's what makes you happy that counts! By the way, that central robot looks awfully familiar? ;)

ah yes! he does look kinda familiar, not in as good a shape as yours the arms are badly perished and the remote is missing.

i did put batteries in it once and it made a frightful beeping noise and screamed around in backward circles.

i know nothing about it, how old it is ect, perhaps you could enlighten me?

AB, that baby is RADIO CONTROL ROBOT, made in Taiwan 1970s/80s by ILLCO and distributed by Illfelder Toy Co. , New York. It has a tendency to malfunction because the arms are so heavy not allowing them to rotate properly. 🙂

post-221-1208963135.jpgsonic_robotA.jpg

AB, that baby is RADIO CONTROL ROBOT, made in Taiwan 1970s/80s by ILLCO and distributed by Illfelder Toy Co. , New York. It has a tendency to malfunction because the arms are so heavy not allowing them to rotate properly. :)

thanks phil mystery solved, definitley one of my favs despite him being a little tatty, i found this one on the canary islands in spain, it had been roasting in the heat in a corner of a shop window for years so the plastic is very brittle, and the arms are just about falling off.

Archived