Redman Rocket Part 2

Phil R

I finally got the Buck Rogers rocket diorama finished with Mark's help as usual. He put me to work last Saturday helping with the work and some carving of the wooden rocks. :lol: It turned out about like I hoped although you can't get the full scope with the photo. I'll bring it to Botstock. The terrain is a combination modeling, cotton, wood and Bondo. The finished terrain was primed and various paints and airbrushing, etc. and the planet is a painted wooden ball. The rocket is mounted on metal rods in the sculpted wooden rock piece. The rocket can be removed from the pins for separate display. The second photo shows the led blast effect with painted mylar simulated exhaust. 🙂

post-221-1207520478.jpg

post-221-1207520529.jpgbuck_rogers_rocket_project_007AB.jpg

buck_rogers_rocket_project_013.jpg

Hot damn Phil ,,,,,,thats even better than I thought it would turn out. Sweet job and fast too. I guess that closes this project !!!

You guys are really kicking ass these days! I love it! The mylar exhaust and the colors chosen for the planet are very nice touches. This is great stuff - awesome job Eagle and Phil!

Don, the planet is actually spring on Mars. I forgot to turn the planet 90 degrees I got some photos on the internet. :)

post-221-1207582529.jpg

I just received a copy of the Buck Rogers rocket sheet from the 1030s balsa rocket models. The rockets are from top to bottom. Pursuit Ship, Venus Fighting Destroyer, Super Dreadnought, Flash Blast Attack Ship, Martian Police Ship (model we made), Battle Cruiser. Guess I only have 5 to go! :D

post-221-1207587422.jpg

• 11 years later...

Since I don't have an edit in the original post above to restore the photos as I have been doing I will again add them to this post for the Buck Rogers diorama build.

buck rogers artA.jpg

buck rogers rocket project 001.jpg

buck rogers rocket project 005.jpg

buck rogers rocket project 007A-001.jpg