Remcokmm's Remco Collection

RemcoKMM

Finally got my Remcos all together in one place! Also shown are my two Ledy's and an AHI.

(Now to just get my robot collection in general in a picture!) 🙂

Want to focus on getting some rare Remco LIS versions now. A plain shipper box without the Lost in Space graphics, a blue or green dome/claws and a black or red unchromed dome base.

There appears to be two blue and red robots but one is a bright flat blue color and the other is a metalic greenish blue. Might not show up so well in the photos. The greenish one also has silver claws while the blue one's are clear.

The black and red one all the way on the right is awaiting a dome and an arm with a clear claw...

Hmm.....judging from your past posts - I would have thought that you had more Remco LIS robots in your collection :D Just kidding!!!! Very nice.

Now I assume that the plain box that you have mentioned is a Sears exclusive. I would have been pretty peeved back in the day if I received the plain box. The blue body -fourth from the left is my favorite - can you give us a single shot of just that guy?

Is the leg and arm colors on the sixth robot from the left with the black body the same as on the orange bodied guy next to him??

Which is your favorite???

The white bodied AHI version (if I remember correctly) I would think is something that you would want.

Where do you normally display them?

Thx for the look!

steve said:
Hmm.....judging from your past posts - I would have thought that you had more Remco LIS robots in your collection 😄 Just kidding!!!! Very nice.

Now I assume that the plain box that you have mentioned is a Sears exclusive. I would have been pretty peeved back in the day if I received the plain box. The blue body -fourth from the left is my favorite - can you give us a single shot of just that guy?

Is the leg and arm colors on the sixth robot from the left with the black body the same as on the orange bodied guy next to him??

Which is your favorite???

The white bodied AHI version (if I remember correctly) I would think is something that you would want.

Where do you normally display them?

Thx for the look!

Hi, Steve-

Yes, I know what you mean... I want many more Remcos!! To answer your questions:

Yes I would really like to get the Sears exclusive box. I lost one on Ebay not too long ago. Rats! The blue leg and arm colors of the two robots you mentioned seem to be the same on both robots, however the arms of both robots are slightly lighter blue than the legs. The legs seem to be a touch more metalic as well. Never noticed that before your question!

Also included some pix of the one blue robot you asked to see. Sorry so poor. He's a nice bright blue with orange legs and arms. His decals are the thicker board kind and he still has his second dome ring!

As for which is my favorite... I really like the red body/base with the black arms and legs, 6th robot in from the right. The picture does not really show it but his dome, claws and mouth screen are a smokey charcoal color. Almost as if the clear plastic had a little black added to it for some reason. As for the white AHI you mentioned- I would love one of those too! Picked up the regular AHI I have now at a flea market on Long Island in the early 90's for $80.

I don't have a good place to display my robots. I have a walk-in closet in a spare bedroom and I keep all of my old toys in there. I would love to have a "robot room" with display cases like some of the guys on Alphadrome.... but the wife would kill me! 🙂

Thanks for looking! RemcoKMM

post-676-1207456224.jpg

post-676-1207456193.jpg

post-676-1207456209.jpgside.jpgFront.jpgBack.jpg

Fantastic collection Remco.........Now as for that display cabinet,,simple just sneakily put Glass doors and a nice lighting system on the walk in closet and gradually move your clothes out.Your wife will soon come round to the idea. ;) :lol:

Fantastic collection Remco.........Now as for that display cabinet,,simple just sneakily put Glass doors and a nice lighting system on the walk in closet and gradually move your clothes out.Your wife will soon come round to the idea. ;) :lol:

Ha! I like the way you think, Sparkrobot!

• 5 months later...

post-676-1221315964.jpgJust updated this section. Note new Remcos! My new fav color combo is the black and red version with the unchromed piece in the base of the dome. I have posted a close up of him below.

Finally got my Remcos all together in one place! Also shown are my two Ledy's.

Want to focus on getting some rare Remco LIS versions now. A plain shipper box without the Lost in Space graphics, a blue or green dome/claws and a black or red unchromed dome base. (just added that unchromed base!)

There appears to be two blue and red robots but one is a bright flat blue color and the other is a metalic greenish blue. Might not show up so well in the photos. The greenish one also has silver claws while the blue one's are clear.

The black and red one all the way on the right is awaiting a dome and an arm with a clear claw...

Star.jpg

Just updated this section. Note new Remcos! My new fav color combo is the black and red version with the unchromed piece in the base of the dome. I have posted a close up of him below.

Finally got my Remcos all together in one place! Also shown are my two Ledy's.

Want to focus on getting some rare Remco LIS versions now. A plain shipper box without the Lost in Space graphics, a blue or green dome/claws and a black or red unchromed dome base. (just added that unchromed base!)

post-676-1221315852.jpg

post-676-1221315428.jpgLineup.jpgLeft.jpgleft_mid.jpgright.jpg

post-676-1221315649.jpg

post-676-1221315920.jpg

Again very sweet - crazy question - do you mix the better domes (flatter less warpage) with your favorite color version robot - or rather keep each dome on the robot it came with?

steve said:
Again very sweet - crazy question - do you mix the better domes (flatter less warpage) with your favorite color version robot - or rather keep each dome on the robot it came with?

Thanks! I am such a purist about my Remcos (That or a bit nutty!) I try to keep them as I get them unless something is broken or missing. I have one Remco that is a mint C10 and I made him that way by taking a really nice dome from another robot. So in that case I made an exception!

The worst dome I have is the one on the black robot with blue arms and legs. You can see in the picture that it is warped up on the top. Someone must have kept him in a very hot attic or he had an adventure in an oven...

Archived