My First Robot Conversion

Eagle

This is a bot conversion in work. It all started a few months ago with a request...........then the criteria changed a bit. This is what I came up with. Now this Astronaut is not completed , he needs finishing touches. The main LED cannons fire after he stops his advance. The power/life support system on his back operates and changes colors from deep purple to yellow, red and blue. This required a modification of the 3V power supply to a Series/Parallel system of dual 3 and 4.5 v system. A few more days and it should be completed . Like I say ,this is my first try at this................ Lots of timing modifications. I don't know if I'll do another. John and Bob do it so well...!!! So here it is,,,,,,,,,,,, Still a few more parts to add !

Phil !!!!! the material in the background means YOUR robot shirt is done !!!! Oh Yeah !!! :D

post-545-1206848389.jpg

post-545-1206848399.jpg

post-545-1206848415.jpg

post-545-1206848427.jpg

post-545-1206848436.jpg

LOVE IT MARK!!!! This is something really different and wonderful, not like the cookie-cutter stuff we're accustomed to seeing such as the round head on the square body, not something we see every day...and...I have a thing for gold 'bots. :D

Really, really cool! Not going to put the smoker into the life support? In with the good air and out with the smog? :P

Nice Fabric! Exactly what I was looking for to line one of my display cases - but I already settled on something else.

I really like it Mark...Like Morbius said, it's definitely not one of those

run of the mill conversion projects ! Thats what keeps it fresh for me,

seeing new ideas incorporated that I had never thought of doing myself.

John is a master at it, and this guy is a great example...Well done !! :)

(PS... I just got 3 robots from Jay on Friday, so I guess I'd better get to work, huh ? )

PSS..You know, the more I look at this guy, the more I think he looks like the bizarre

offspring of a smoking spaceman, and an AndyBot...Not that that's a Bad thing !!! :lol:

I have to agree with the other posts. What sets this robot conversion asidefrom the rest is that it looks so totaly different from anything I would do or any other robot builder I can think of. Good work and don't stop with just this one conversion , the first child is thet most painful. So finnish up this guy, add some nice box artwork and move on with more new ideas!

Thanks guys. The smoker unit just wouldn't push the smoke through a tube to the backpack. So I removed it to install a sequencer for the machine guns. John ,, I went back to town today and did find a cheap pirate pistol with the sound chip I needed. I'm going to incorporate it tonight. Too much tractor work today. :blush:

Great work Mark,,,you are starting to develop a unique style,,I cant wait to see what you will come up with next...

Well Sparks,,,, I was at the dollar store today and all the new stuff is overwhelming ! I know your itching to get this DS2008 under way. So much going on right now. Anyhow,, the bot is finished. The sound chips didn't work out. I wired it in parallel with the cannon fire ,but it would not work . It's all wired and put together. The power supply looks great . Here are some photo's. Next project,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, full size laser rifle I think. :blush: I still haven't done the damn taxes !!!!

post-545-1206933547.jpg

post-545-1206933555.jpg

Hey Mark! Way to go! Very cool! :D

We took a trip to open the lake house this weekend and while we do have email via dial-up, web surfing, especially on sites with heavy photo content, becomes a nightmare. So I haven't seen any photos in days and this is my first look at your super cool astronaut. So very diffrerent from what we usually see what can happen when somebody with a vision tears into a Smoking Spaceman! Awesome! Keep 'em coing Eagle!!!! ;)

P.S.....I haven't even started my taxes either! So don't feel so bad. I have never in my life waited this long into the final days to prepare our taxes. Talk about life getting away from you and just losing control of your time! And lastly, Gerti swears the large spring on the top of the tank on the astronauts'a back is from a simple wooden clothspin. Is she right? We have a bet going......and I think I'm gonna get beat. <_<

You win Pat. It is not from a clothespin. Although while I was forming it I thought to myself. These guys are going to think this came from a clothespin. It's much larger and made from solid brass. :D Hope I get a kickback from the winning side. The housing on top of the Generator is in fact the reflector housing from a defective Air Bus map light. So ,that piece alone is worth about 1500 bucks. :rolleyes:

You win Pat. It is not from a clothespin. Although while I was forming it I thought to myself. These guys are going to think this came from a clothespin. It's much larger and made from solid brass. :D Hope I get a kickback from the winning side. The housing on top of the Generator is in fact the reflector housing from a defective Air Bus map light. So ,that piece alone is worth about 1500 bucks. :rolleyes:

I love 'ya, Buddy, But let's just say that there's no way in hell I'm gonna "share" with you what my winnings will be and we'll leave it at that. And no joking about the "bet" in front of Gerti at BotStock. You following me...............? I'm one happy fella! LOL!! ;)

Lucky Bas*%*d !!! What would have been the implications of you losing the bet ???? :lol: As far as botstock........Once, a few alien ales are consumed...well all I can say is that I am BRINGING a clothespin along.............. :rolleyes: :D

This is a bot conversion in work. It all started a few months ago with a request...........then the criteria changed a bit. This is what I came up with. Now this Astronaut is not completed , he needs finishing touches. The main LED cannons fire after he stops his advance. The power/life support system on his back operates and changes colors from deep purple to yellow, red and blue. This required a modification of the 3V power supply to a Series/Parallel system of dual 3 and 4.5 v system. A few more days and it should be completed . Like I say ,this is my first try at this................ Lots of timing modifications. I don't know if I'll do another. John and Bob do it so well...!!! So here it is,,,,,,,,,,,, Still a few more parts to add !

Phil !!!!! the material in the background means YOUR robot shirt is done !!!! Oh Yeah !!! :D

Dear Mark for me was not a surprise...you have done things that god would not believe it!

Good hands,good inspiration and good attitude!you made it!

Congratulations!

Ricardo

Archived