Space Chief Robot Conversion "red And Copper"

robothut

This time I blended a Space Evil robot and a Chief Robot Man. The robot is painted a glossy red with black details. The two vertical ear scanners rotate quickly as the head turns and eyes flash. The chest opens and the guns come out at this time as well. Then these actions stop and the robot returns to bump and go action. Here are the two robot used for the conversion .

also some links to videos of the action and built pictures.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/SpaceChief1.html

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/SpaceChief1.wmv

post-7-1206822867.jpg

post-7-1206822906.jpg

To mechanize the two vertical ear scanners I used a motorized gear box. This let me run the scanners at a faster rate as well. Since the neck hole of the Space evil head did not line up with the center of the ear scanners I could not use the chief robot man mechanics for this action. I also added two red eye lights so the space evil fly eyes will flash and light up. Because the guns move in and out I had to make new arm support axles that bent back out of the way, but since I was going to be useing the Space Evil arms it did not realy make any new work for me.

I used a modified servo to control the gun and door action. To control the servo I used a circuit board from a RC car, not for the receiver part of the circuit but for the H bridge part. I added a switch to the chief robot man gear box that closes to ground when the head turn action starts and this switch controls the gun light , the ear scanner motor and the circuit board that controls the servo. The servo also has a current limiter added to it so that jamming open or closed will not draw to much current or harm the servo.

I also modified the origional light flasher/sound maker gear on the chief robot man gear box for a faster flash rate and evenly spaced sound for the guns.

post-7-1206823784.jpg

These two robots were built for Jay B. Jay had the concept for the conversion, I agreed to do it because I had already wanted to build a conversion with two vertical ear scanners, so I suggested that we also do the two horizontal scanners. Jay came up with the colors he wanted, red and black for one and copper and black for the other. He also wanted guns and doors. so the rest was up to me to work out.

post-7-1206824710.jpg

Unbelievable, Mr. Rigg! I'd say you are definitely having fun with these Chief Robot Man conversions! Right now I don't think I could pick a favorite...they're all great!

John, I really liked the red/black version until I saw the metallic version. LOVE IT!!! Great balance with materials and color! :P

Awesome and very serious looking! These fellas look like trouble to me! I love these new scary robots you've been making, John! Keep it up! ;)

Archived