Dirk's Collection

Dirk

Hello robot friends! I promised it some month ago & finally I found some time to make new pics. Still no big collection, but I hope you will like it... :)

post-11-1206308592.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap! Dirk, you have really done a fantastic job with your collection. I knew you had a great collection but these pictures really are marvelous. What focus! What condition! It may not be a mega collection like John Rigg or ZZrobot but you've got nothing but the good stuff. Your motto seems to be "collect only the best and forget the rest! You must be extremely proud of this achievement. This is not an easy thing to do especially for a working man with a family. Wow. :o

Dirk, as Fineas said above, the focus and condition you've achieved is astounding! Back when I collected most of mine it was a slipshod approach at best, picking up whatever was there. I had no place/dealer to pick and choose, you've done a marvelous job at a complete display of tin art. This is a note to new collectors here, stay with the best you can find while focusing on a theme of some sort and you can't go wrong. If the collector is not handy at repairing/restoring these properly, the $$ are better spent as you've done.

See you soon.

Mike

What focus! What condition!

Yep, Fin is right! Your collection is amazing Dirk.

But I´m afraid in the case you will buy the next robot you also have to buy the next cupboard. ;)

Dirk,,,,,,,,,,,Absolutely brilliant collection,,,,,,,,,you seem to collect only the best ,and displayed beautifully aswell....Magnificent achievment..

OMG!!!! What a beautiful collection! And the photography is just amazing! Better than 99% of every bobot book or auction catalog I've ever seen! Just fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing, Dirk!! ;)

Archived