Chief Dome Bot- Another Chief Robotman Conversion

laserman

Well, here is my first entry in the parade of Chief Robotman Conversions. For lack of a better name, I call him Dome Bot. I wanted to get away from the standard colors so this one I decided on yellow and black. The dome is the Walmart toy packaging dome like the ones John has used on his. The inner head parts are from a part box I have of 20 years worth of broken toy parts of toys my son's played with. I would sort them for appearance in hoping of using them some day in a model spaceship, or here, a robot. The eyes are LEDs. The atomic symbol is backlite as well. The eyes and symbol stay on constantly. The head and single antenna turn like the basic Chief. The neck piece below the dome is a resin cast from some rubber rings I glued together and filled with clay to make the mold to simulate bellows.

The atomic symbol is a decal printed on decal paper in a inkjet printer. It is then sprayed with Acrylic spray to seal in the inks. I then made discs from clear acrylic to lay the decal on and a thin white sheet of styrene behind the acrylic to diffuse the light from the two grain of wheat bulbs. The red ring around the symbol is actually a piece cut off an old glue stick lid.

Thats about it. The basic Chief as already discussed has some issues (I cussed a couple times), but a nice platform to work from.

post-226-1206145433.jpg

post-226-1206145462.jpg

post-226-1206145473.jpg

post-226-1206145485.jpg

post-226-1206145499.jpg

post-226-1206145509.jpg

post-226-1206145520.jpg

post-226-1206145897.jpg

post-226-1206222986.jpg

Very handsome and unsuall looking robot! From the great yellow/black paint colors to the interesting use of head inner parts, I would say it was a winner all the way around! And the back-lit atomic symbol looks aweseome. Congratulations on a job well done! ;)

*ALTAIRA

Honey-Bee Robot!!!! NIIIIICE!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Morbius:

Nice one, absolutely wonderful with the use of the head parts, very different. Not often we see something so unfamiliar and sweet.

Thanks for your comments. I've got several of these non working bots from Jay, so I going to do a few more--a gang of four or five or whatever. Its a fun platform to work from. :)

Looks great, Laserman ! I like the yellow and black !!

I really need to get off my rear end and do a conversion, I guess !!!

Laser, I like it a lot. Nice compent parts and improvements. But then I'm a sucker for dome head robots, especially ones with plasma workings! :D

Archived