...and The Prices Just Keep On Falling...

Joe K.

Check out M&J Variety's latest ad in the February 21, 2003 issue of Toy Shop. Now that Futurama's been cancelled, Rocket U.S.A.'s wind-up Bender: $12.00 each, or 12 for $72.00 (=$6.00 each!!!)

Where will it all end?

Is Bender considered a viable robot collectible, though? Last year I bought a 4-pack of Futurama 5" figures (Bender included) for about $10... Thinking that they might appreciate in value maybe 25 years down the road. I guess this cancellation news means my $10 investment is worth about $2 today. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of prices falling. I am sure this is going PO some people. In the Feb Diamond Distributing, "Previews" cataloge they list 3 tin robots. Lilliput for $6.99, The new Roxy the robot for $6.50 and the X27 for $8.99 These are proboably by TTT and Schylling. Feb. cataloge orders are due by the 15th so if you are going to order better get to your local comic shop by Saturday. It takes 1-2 months for your order to come in. Thanks to Joe K. for the heads up on these. I am a regular orderer from Previews. Yes Joe these are the "RETAIL" prices<_<

joe, if you check out the new schylling wholesale catalog you will see a whole slew of "new" robots. most are TTT's which have somehow found their way to the discount bin of schylling toys. inter-planet, lilliput, x-27, astro scout, moon explorer, and the infamous JOY-TOY THUNDER. TTT's has a new disclaimer on their website addressing these toys. and it seems as though there is some sort of back door selling going on in a shanghai wharehouse. i would guess that the person who is responsible for the j-t thunder may have something to do with this new debacle. those prices mentioned in the previous post, sound like the schylling wholesale prices i have seen. i do not know if schylling will change the ttt trademark on the toys and box, or just sell them without considering the provenance.

mr.x - Previews has bested Schylling on two out of the three robots mentioned. It will be interesting to see how the boxes/'bots are marked.

Archived