Florida Robot's Bus Stop Duo

Eagle

I have just been checking in on Jim's buildup of his to Bus Stop bots. He has really taken off on this project and everything is coming together. I don't think Jim would mind me linking you to his Blog. Take a look ,,,, he is doing a great job. :D I think they will be finished in a short time. Glad to see him back in the saddle !

He is a great guy. Also the builder of Giant Robots [Jaimie] is stopping by my place in about another week. He met Jim in florida and cleaned out Jim's Garage of raw materials for the project. So I get to see his Giant Crab robot........I hope. ;)

http://floridarobot.blogspot.com/

post-545-1205875927.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting an update on the Bus Stop Robots Eagle. As some of you may know, these were inspired by a post I saw on Alphadrome from someone who went to a robot museum in Japan and posted a picture of a 1958 Fantastic Universe magazine cover.

These robots are now pretty much complete. Of course they need a few things still but robots are never complete. Heads need to be lined up a little better on the axles, necks need work and one eye is burned out already. Yesterday we put them on the front porch with passive IR sensors so when you pass the robots and approach the front door their eyes start blinking and they they move their heads. Of all my robots, my wife says these are her favorites.

Building these were therapy from the nightmare of losing our son last July. That's kind of why I just haven't had the urge to log on here since then. Priorities change.

Pictures and a video are located at http://floridarobot.blogspot.com for anyone interested.

That the robots move their heads - this is an awesome idea Floridarobot.

The other thing .... sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your wife. It is a great loss.

FR, My heart goes out to you on losing your son :closedeyes: Welcome back. The robots are way cool! The song kind of raises the goose bumps but the more you hear it seems a lot of fun. Congratulations. :D

I talked with Jim about an hour last night. He is hot on the next project. A full functional R2. Funny ,how when I talk to fellow tinkerers ,it's like you have known them forever. Jim is a great guy and I'm going to meet him some day. :D

That is unbelievable! WOW that's fantastic. Realism at its best, swear they're moving in real time. If they get bored on the porch they'll likely just wander off.... :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments about the robots and our son.

I can see them from my desk in the "robot room" of our house and it's fun watching people come up the walkway where the bus stop robots sit. Some people walk right by them without even noticing which is hard to figure out. On the other side of the walkway across from the robots is the life size Great White Landshark display.

Eagle, it was great talking with you the other night also. When you finally come to Florida I hope you're towing a feathercraft with a robot in the passenger seat : )

Eagle, it was great talking with you the other night also. When you finally come to Florida I hope you're towing a feathercraft with a robot in the passenger seat : )

Jim ,,Alphaphadrome is already practicing for the trip ! ;)

Eagle

post-545-1207695769.jpg

Archived