Master Bot Man Has Something To Say To Robothunter!

robothut

You guys have no idea how excited I am to add this new NON-ROBBY robot to my robot room! Even though I'm not really going after mainly robots anymore, John Rigg Customs are in a class by themselves and I will be adding them to a showcase I have of nothing but Rigg robots until one of us drops dead first!

And in the last few days I've picked up a few cute little silly robot toys (like the cheapie robots in the toy section of Walgreens while you're waiting to get your prescriptions filled) and it's been a blast! Tiny robots are poping up all over the house and not only do I feel like an excited newbie collector all over again, I also really have gotten back the fun of the hunt!

Learn from me! Clean house and turn your collections over every few years and have fun re-inventing yourself. I finally understant the conversation I had with Matt Wyse when we met at Atlantic City at the first show that came up aftwer he had sold all of his robots. It's all so clear to me now. ;)

Pat,,,,,,I love your enthusiasm at this time,,,luckily for me ,with the robots I am still into what I'm collecting,,but I said to myself from the start that I would be going after a really varied collection,Tin ,Plastic,Custom bots[Andyman],,,,,,now what it really needs is a John Rigg robot!!,I think I got Johns interest so hopefully 'one day' ;) BTW I know where you are coming from when you do lose interest,,I did it a while ago with my Star Wars collection,,,All I kept on show are the big statues ,all the other Star Wars stuff I sold or stored away ...

I just unpacked my Master Bot Man Robot and I can't begin to tell you guys how awesome this robot is! You really can't tell from the little sound clips John attached, but the voice is crystal clear and almost scarry in a very non-toy, non-friendly robot way. It rocks! And the face looks SO much cooler in person with this fantastic paint finish. And when you see those mechanisims in the head start working, well the whole thing is just amazing!

Thanks so much John!!!!! Thanks, thanks, thanks! ;)

I can really see myself collecting nothing but tin reproductions of vintage golden age robots and custom robots from modern artists like John and Andy (and hopefully Eagle when he finally gets finished building things for Phil!) and just that being the concentration and focus of my entire collecting efforts. It's really like collecting modern art and being a patron of those few select artisits whose work you feel so connected to. Yeah, this feels like a real plan to me..... B)

And before I forget...Happy Easter everybody! Hope the Bunny leaves you a big fat egg stuffed with little nano robots! :P

Pat,,,,,,,,,,,well I just got back from the store with supplies. I had started the bot a few weeks ago then you made your announcement in regards to the Robby stuff.. So I scratched my head , reversed direction and plowed ahead with a helmeted astronaut version . Then a week later I got your message to press on with the original plan. :P Too late, the astronaut is taking shape !! B) So ,you are under no obligation for this guy.......but I think You"ll like it. This is all new to me ,,,,John makes it look so easy. I don't have a collection of doner parts from other discarded bot's......So it's going to take a week or two to all come together. I'm learning a lot too !!! Like soldering with a tourch on a robot with plastic gears it tricky ! :unsure: Ok, enough.....back to the lair.

Pat,,,,,,,,,,,well I just got back from the store with supplies. I had started the bot a few weeks ago then you made your announcement in regards to the Robby stuff.. So I scratched my head , reversed direction and plowed ahead with a helmeted astronaut version . Then a week later I got your message to press on with the original plan. :P Too late, the astronaut is taking shape !! B) So ,you are under no obligation for this guy.......but I think You"ll like it. This is all new to me ,,,,John makes it look so easy. I don't have a collection of doner parts from other discarded bot's......So it's going to take a week or two to all come together. I'm learning a lot too !!! Like soldering with a tourch on a robot with plastic gears it tricky ! :unsure: Ok, enough.....back to the lair.

Astronauts...helmets....maybe even domes...it's all great stuff!!! I can't wait!!!! I'm really looking forward to adding a new artist to my collection of Rigg Custom and Andybots! This is great exciting stuff and re-enforces my choice to change direction away from Robby-only collecting. I had a great phone talk with ZZRobot today and was telling Stan how excited I am and how I've got so many concepts for custom projects floating through my brain it could explode!

I also have a local artisit (who happens to the the former, now-retired Mayor of our town) who is a welder and working on making some changes to one of my favorite robot sculptures I bought many years ago. It's being weldled to a large round steel plate that's going to have a jeweled finish and then spaced and bolted to the tree stump outside the side door of the house as our new marker. But I still can't make up my mind if I want to have it wired with new lighted eyes. I love the face and don't want to change it too much simply for the sake of a cheap effect. Prehaps a spotlight aimed at it with a motion sensor make more sense.

Regardless of the final result, it's gonna beat the hell out of the huge fiberglass and resin gnomes and squirrels everybody else around here has! LOL!!!!! ;)

John,,,, I have a question. Do you know a good source for a Chip On Board [COB] ? Machine gun fire of course. Like this.

http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id...&category=2

Mark, I don't know anything about chip boards, but I do have a question about domes. Every year around Easter there's a certain candy company that puts out this little round collection of chocolates in a plastic basket with a huge clear plastic dome as a top. Andy used it for the head on Regal (that dome was originally donated by Duxastrogirl-Thanks Duxie!) and when Regal was shipped his poor head broke dispite the greatest packing/wrapping job ever done by Andy. Anyway, we had to wait an entire year to get a replacement which is now on Regal as well as two back-ups that I keep should he ever take a tumble. Well I just went to Target and bought two more of those chocolate domed candy boxes for Gerti and have the domes and was wonderering if you could use them for your project. They're pretty big so it might be great for going over an astronaut's head or helmet.

Only possible issue is that I will tell you thay have changed how they now make the plastic (take note here Andy) and it's thinner. And the glue that was used last year to attach the golden ribbon bow to the top is also different. Last year is peeled right off. This glue is a little harder and brittle and I'm afraid to try and get it off myself for fear of breaking the plastic. This is a move best left to somebody with more knowledge of plastics and chemicals, etc. So if you want two domes, just email me your address and I'll send them off tomorrow. I also think the new ones are a little more pointed and elongated, but just by a fraction. Anyway, LMK.

Thanks,

Pat

post-36-1206281425.jpgpost-36-1206281684.jpg

post-36-1206281772.jpg

Archived