Master Bot Man Has Something To Say To Robothunter!

robothut

As per Robot Hunters request one Red & Black robot with a clear head and moveing lit things inside. But that was not enough for me so I made it a Talking robot as well. It says. RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN,YOU CAN"T HIDE FROM MASTER BOT MAN!

The head is made from a clear plastic dome that Robot hunter had sent me some time ago. I made a silicon rubber impresion of the Mr. Mercury type face on the 1960's Talking Robot and cast up a resin one that I modified abit. Inside the head there is a moveing 6 cylinder piston set up ( from a Handy Hank junker vintage toy) with a chrome spinning thingy on the top. There is a light that flashes when the robots head turn and pistons run. This light also lights up the eyes and the mouth that has a blue jell inside.

Here is short video of the head actions and the talking function.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/MasterBotMan.wmv

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/MasterBotMan.html

post-7-1205520099.jpg

Here is the gear box assembly, I have added a ground contact switch so that I can trigger the digital play back device when the robot goes in to or out of head move operation.

post-7-1205520734.jpg

Head assembly. The pistons and spinner are powered by the drive shaft that normaly would power the ear spinners of the chief robot man.

post-7-1205520804.jpg

post-7-1205520833.jpg

Very cool, Mr. Rigg.

BTW-I don't know if it's the red that's throwing me off but for some reason it looks like an R-1 conversion. :huh:

Wow! What a wonderful new creation to add to the John Rigg section of what's left of my robot room. THANK YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Very ingenious John,,,,,,,a nice touch to make him a talking robot.........BTW did you get my email,,I know robothunter will probably keep you busy for the a while yet but could you get back to me and give me your thoughts on my idea anyway....

Spark robot never got any email from you yet.

As for the snow we are supposed to get 4 more inches tonight!

Pat the pictures do not do the robot justice, it looks alot better in person, for some reason the contrast is screwed up on the pictures I took . The resin face part is a hammer tone gray, maybe it would have looked better some other color, to late now. But you will see for your self. I do need to let it sit and cure abit before I pac it up.

I think the talking robot would scare the scrap out of some kids so remember this toy is for collectors only.

Spark robot never got any email from you yet.

As for the snow we are supposed to get 4 more inches tonight!

Pat the pictures do not do the robot justice, it looks alot better in person, for some reason the contrast is screwed up on the pictures I took . The resin face part is a hammer tone gray, maybe it would have looked better some other color, to late now. But you will see for your self. I do need to let it sit and cure abit before I pac it up.

I think the talking robot would scare the scrap out of some kids so remember this toy is for collectors only.

John ,,I tried to email you through alphadrome,,see if you have any messages on it,,if not I will email you through your Robothut website,,,It's nothing that cant wait it was just an idea I would like you to consider in the future....Steve.

Archived