Mr. Chief Video Man Robot Conversion

robothut

I built this Chief robot conversion for Ozzy. I call it Mr. Chief Video Man. And I have to say that I think a Mr. Mercury head with chief robot man ear spinners looks great and the head looks great on the chief body. I added a LCD picture player that is loaded with all the Robert Lesser space toy auction pictures and they transition every 5 seconds. There is a seperate power switch for the LCD display so that it can be left ON with out the mechanical part of the robot being ON. The head turns back and forth with spinning ear spinners and a flashing light in the helmet. I made the new chest pannel assembly from plastic.

here is a video link.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/MrChiefVideoMan1.wmv

here is a web page link.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/MrChiefVideoMan.html

post-7-1204864108.jpg

post-7-1204864141.jpg

Here is a animated gif of the robot. I think this is a great looking robot. But it should be with Mr. Mercury and Chief robot parts. The LCD screen fits in very nicely. The pictures actually only change every 5 seconds with randon transitions.

post-7-1204864329.gif

Here is the back and the battery box. I decided to run the LCD picture player on its own 3 AAA batterys and the mechanical stuff with 2 AA batterys. You can see the seperate power switch for the LCD display above the battery box area. The LCD display has a 4 second boot up when you turn it ON, this is normal for LCD picture players.

post-7-1204864732.jpg

post-7-1204864759.jpg

I hate to admit this but....I think I like that head better than the original. Simply amazing Mr. Rigg!

Now go sell this design to Ha Ha Toys!

Yes the head with the added spinners realy looks great on the chief body, I wonder what other heads would look good or great if modified?

I was thinking of the Gang of five head that can be found on the Robert Johnson (Sinster Creep and Attacking Martian) smoker variations. I love that Mr. Mercury head, but a junker one is not always easy to come by. Another idea is the clear dome that was discussed that houses that little robot found at walmart. You could create sometype of brain assembly with lighted eyes that moves back and forth. I got a couple octagon tea tins with domed tops that might look cool also.

hey hut,

wow!!! (i think thats how i always start my post with you) i like it a lot !! it really does look awesome . it seems to fit well .

you did a great job on the colors . it really connects the head to the body.

Fantastic, John. Great color coordination and I love the head. What can I say! You're so hot the snow must be melting all around your property! :P

Looks great! The color combination is PERFECT. The LCD display is cool -- can you change the images, or are they pretty much hardwired in place?

The LCD picture play can be programed with any images you want, but now that the robot is together it would be alot of work to get to the mini USB connector and controls, so picture selection should be made before finnal assembly.

The gang heads on the smoker robots is too large in scale for the chief body, I may have to build a smaller scale head so I can do a radicon chief conversion.

That is one great looking robot John, Mr.Mercury & Mr.Chief combined with extras. Two of my favourites, superb work.

Archived