Couple Of New Bots From Lil' O' Me

Andyman

Andy,

Nice Robots!

Question:

How did you do the graphics on the boxes?

Some of it looks computer generated and some of it looks painterly.

Peace,

Chaz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laserman, I remember a picture of a robot performing "brain" sugery on itself. I've considered doing something like that.

Chaz, I create the box art work in Photoshop. I use my pictures, some original drawings and some "borrowed" art elements. I vary the design depending on what mood I'm in at the time. Sometimes it's just the robot and a logo. Sometimes I go with a modern minimalist look. Sometimes I do the full blown full color scenes.

post-231-1204736179.jpg

post-231-1204736209.jpg

post-231-1204736229.jpg

post-231-1204736429.jpg

Andy,

Thank you for replying. I dig the box art I guess because I'm a professional visual Artist. I have Photoshop but ever dreamed someone could do what you do with it. Question: What version of Photoshop are you using?

Attached is a pic of the "Bob Blockman Family" of which I have done a series of paintings. This painting is called "Family Vacation". I have had the Bob Blockman character since the '70s. He is about to reach his mid-life crisis in a couple of years.

Peace,

Chaz

post-659-1204759311.jpg

NICE !!!!! I love the flame holders in the augmentor ! Prevents AB blowout . :D What kind of rivets are those on the saucer halves ?

Man ,I don't even have boxes for my stuff, let alone box art ! :blush:

As the proud owner of three Andybots, I can just say one thing that I know for sure to be an absolute truth...your work just keeps getting better and better You rock, Andy! ;)

Andy,

The bots are great as usual, but the saucer is even better. Are these going to make their way to Botstock?

Joe, I'm trying to save a cache for Botstock but that means keeping them off of my website. Maybe I'll upload them as "reserved" until after Botstock.

Pat, thanks. Will I have to start making astronauts?

Mark, yeah....I was concerned about ABC blowups and whatnots...so I did the flame thingy to the augurmator valve phase conduit crossovers.... :unsure: ...and stuff like that. Actually those rivets are eyelets used for scrapbooking. I often use them for Andybot eyes too.

Chaz, are the Blokman actual paintings or computer rendered work? Looks pretty cool.I use Photoshop 7.0. I haven't felt any need to upgrade. I'm a video editor/porducer/art director for a small production company so I where many hats. Photoshop is my "go to" tool for logo work/cleanup, specialized graphics, and still frame repair work. I don't know how many times I've had to add sunny skies or remove an odd telephone pole from a client's location shot. ;)

Hi Andy,

Yes, the Bob Blockman's are a series of paintings of him and his family. Most are 30"x40" in size.

check out www.themodernartist.com or click on "Bob Blockman" here in my signature.

Peace,

Chaz

Hello Andy, beautiful new creations.

My mail to you bounced back twice, did your mail adress change ?

Please send me a mail, I have a question to you.

Gernot

robotorium

(a t)

web.de

Andy on your Mechno and other robots, Do you do your simulated rivits with just a punch and hammer or do you use something more elaborate like the machine Micromark sells? Curious.

Andy on your Mechno and other robots, Do you do your simulated rivits with just a punch and hammer or do you use something more elaborate like the machine Micromark sells? Curious.

Simple punch and hammer method. I couldn't see using a machine on the scale I normally work with.

Andy

my mails to you still are bouncing back, even I got your message.

Question: do you bring any of your creations to Botstock.

I am eager to find another beautful "Andy Original" to join Mico and Gear.

Archived